Most Authentic Ghost Video at Manassas

JD Mayo

Retired User
Have you guys ever seen this video? It was considered to be most authentic ghost video at the time this was in 2006. Just like that original video of the ghost at triangle field at Gettysburg this is in that exact location.

**WARNING** Video May cause dizziness

Last edited by a moderator:
All I see is someone dressed in light colored clothing and a sun hat walking along a fence . The camera work is terrible . I don't believe in ghosts , but I do believe in foot steps and other odd noises because I have personally heard them as have friends of mine .

I know what you mean but with a ghost you probably couldn't hear them walking on grass when it's windy out side. They are dead after all hehe. Inside a house etc you would.

Not a big believer in Ghosts but despite the blurry video there are elements in the video I find strange. The shape seems to be of a woman in a white dress that goes as far as the ankles, not a common modern style. The shape of the head also resembles a bonnet.

Last edited:
I have always wanted to meet one. In my younger days I have spent the nights in old cemeteries, old houses, Indian Burial grounds Bland County Virginia and an the old abandoned Lake Shawnee Amusement park in West Virginia. That park was recently on one of the new TV shows with William Shatner I believe it is called the Unexplained. I use to live near it and played there when it was still open in my early teens, and visited there many years after it closed.

Still not a sound I couldn't explain or a sight I couldn't figure out. I still hope one day to see something, and the older I get the closer to becoming one myself may be an advantage. What do you think?

I have always wanted to meet one. In my younger days I have spent the nights in old cemeteries, old houses, Indian Burial grounds Bland County Virginia and an the old abandoned Lake Shawnee Amusement park in West Virginia. That park was recently on one of the new TV shows with William Shatner I believe it is called the Unexplained. I use to live near it and played there when it was still open in my early teens, and visited there many years after it closed.

Still not a sound I couldn't explain or a sight I couldn't figure out. I still hope one day to see something, and the older I get the closer to becoming one myself may be an advantage. What do you think?

There are a few cases that cant be explained. The one I found most interesting was in England in a town called Pontefract its a creepy tale.
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Monk_of_Pontefract

There are a few cases that cant be explained. The one I found most interesting was in England in a town called Pontefract its a creepy tale.
https://villains.fandom.com/wiki/Black_Monk_of_Pontefract
Hey my wife is from Derry. She has been in the states about 30 years now. Are you still in Doublin? I love that City. So much to see, but I had so little time. Thanks for the link.

County Wicklow Ruins.jpeg

Home away in Dublin.jpg

me and Molly.jpg

Last edited:

I saw all 10 seasons of Ghost Hunters on sci fi when they where TAPS not the new show they aren't as good as the original ones. I use to ghost hunt my self still have my equipment lol. Now when I go to my grandparents mountain where there cemetery is and my cousin I can hunt for their spirits up there. My cosin already saw her apparition of her my grandmother on the staircase in the house after my cousin died.

I saw all 10 seasons of Ghost Hunters on sci fi when they where TAPS not the new show they aren't as good as the original ones. I use to ghost hunt my self still have my equipment lol. Now when I go to my grandparents mountain where there cemetery is and my cousin I can hunt for their spirits up there. My cosin already saw her apparition of her my grandmother on the staircase in the house after my cousin died.
I plan on visiting the Shockley Cemetery in Carroll county Virginia. My GGG Uncle Col. LeGrand Shockley KIA at the first battle of Saltville, VA is buried there along with my GGG Grandfather. I would love to meet up with them. Manoah my GGG spent time in prison at City point and later at Libby prison. His brother was Col. LeGrand. Manoah went to Saltville to recover his tbrothers body and take it back to Carroll county for burial. Plus there are more Shockleys that served buried there. I can't find a photo of LeGrand anywhere, but I am still looking. Others I have, but it just doesn't seem complete without finding his picture.

My great grandfather's farmhouse in Antrim County , Michigan was built in 1908. It is still standing and in the 70s , 80s and 90s many of us would go there for hunting , fishing or using it as a place to stay while vacationing in northern Michigan. I was there alone in the late 1970s when I heard footsteps coming up the stairs about 11PM one evening . There was no way it could have been a person . The doors were locked and they stick so you have to give them a hard push to open them . I would have heard that.The road at that time was gravel and you could hear cars coming from a mile away . It was a dead quiet night and I hadn't gone to sleep yet.
Several years later I was telling this story when one of my friends said they had heard foot steps up there as well . They had never told anyone because they thought no one would believe them .
Last October I had a friend who does ghosthunting go up there for an evening .I had told her about all the reported incidents including foot steps and knocking inside a cabinet door. I saw her a few days later and she said they still had about 20 hours of tapes to go through but thought they had heard footsteps upstairs while they were in the kitchen. A week later she gave me an SD card and seemed excited to share what they had heard . On the card you can hear 5 distinct footsteps on the upper staircase along with several other disturbing noises. She was disappointed that they had only recorded 5 steps , but there was something that I had never told anyone before . Back in the 70s I had heard exactly 5 foot steps . I never told anyone that part because I knew they would say it was probably the house settling , etc. I played the card for my long time friend who had also heard the steps many years ago . She said "That's exactly what they sounded like!" She also had only heard 5 foot steps . My ghost hunter friend calls this a non-intelligent haunt where noises repeat themselves but you can't interact with them . Is this some type of physical phenomenon that we don't understand yet? Perhaps . I still don't believe in ghosts , but I wonder who it was that left that imprint of foot steps many years ago.

Despite many attempts, I never have had an encounter. I stayed at the Farnsworth Inn in Gettysburg - and slept like a baby through the night. I went to the Triangular Field near Devil's Den around midnight - saw a bunch of flashes - only t learn they were fellow ghost hunters who were taking pictures! I used to reenact with the First Minnesota, "based" in Fort Snelling. Many guys I respect recounted tales of footsteps, sudden cold spots and other phenomenon. Even though I've spent a number of nights in the fort, I've never experienced anything other than good times and incredible stars. I'll keep trying . . .

Apparently the woman in the white dress is the ghost. The people filming it claimed to have not seen anyone near the Henry House while filming the video. Which is some of the worst camera work I have ever seen in a video. I'm not impressed by the video at all. The woman's dress is supposed to be from the 1860's. The video is short and hard to watch. I'd say the jury is not yet back on the video.

I remember there was a short lived ghost hunting series about a couple of brothers who became interested in ghosts after a trip to Gettysburg . They had seen some soldiers marching in a field and went back to their car to get their cameras . When they returned the soldiers were gone . They said the park service told them there weren't any re-enacting groups scheduled in the park that day.
My thought was "Really?" Every time I've been to Gettysburg there have been individuals or a few re-enactors on the battlefield that obviously weren't part of an organized encampment . Anyone who has walked the fields knows that you can disappear from view due to the dips in the fields that aren't apparent unless you walk them. They based their belief in ghosts on an event that was easily explained .

I remember there was a short lived ghost hunting series about a couple of brothers who became interested in ghosts after a trip to Gettysburg . They had seen some soldiers marching in a field and went back to their car to get their cameras . When they returned the soldiers were gone . They said the park service told them there weren't any re-enacting groups scheduled in the park that day.
My thought was "Really?" Every time I've been to Gettysburg there have been individuals or a few re-enactors on the battlefield that obviously weren't part of an organized encampment . Anyone who has walked the fields knows that you can disappear from view due to the dips in the fields that aren't apparent unless you walk them. They based their belief in ghosts on an event that was easily explained .

They reenacted that in the show Ghost of Gettysburg that was on the History Channel. I hear stories like that all the time. You can call that Purgatory. Just keeps going and going the same thing all the time. Not heaven or hell.

Same though can say when walking through a cemetery at midnight on Halloween........a large rabbit taking off from behind a tombstone about 3 feet away is temporarily disconcerting.

Bill Christen, when he was formerly the editor of The Watchdog Civil War Quarterly had an interesting question on the subject of ghosts...he would ask if the ghosts were clothed or naked. His thought was clothing would not accompany you into the spirit world if such a phenomenon existed.

Hey my wife is from Derry. She has been in the states about 30 years now. Are you still in Doublin? I love that City. So much to see, but I had so little time. Thanks for the link.

View attachment 367277

View attachment 367278

View attachment 367279

Always preferred that statue in that original location but they moved it a few year back. That famous cafe was renovated inside after being closed for a few years but the covid has sadly closed its doors for good once again. Only been into the city once since the outbreak and it’s eerily quiet.

Despite many attempts, I never have had an encounter. I stayed at the Farnsworth Inn in Gettysburg - and slept like a baby through the night. I went to the Triangular Field near Devil's Den around midnight - saw a bunch of flashes - only t learn they were fellow ghost hunters who were taking pictures! I used to reenact with the First Minnesota, "based" in Fort Snelling. Many guys I respect recounted tales of footsteps, sudden cold spots and other phenomenon. Even though I've spent a number of nights in the fort, I've never experienced anything other than good times and incredible stars. I'll keep trying . . .

I’ve never had much interaction with the supernatural for one or two exceptions. I was visiting a famous site in Prague where the assassins of Reinhard Heydrich fled. The church was called Cyril and Methodius Cathedral. I went into the vault were the men fled as their last stand and died , the room was ice cold in the height of summer and the feeling in the room gave me an uneasy feeling so I left.
The other encounter was a customer a few years ago. The job was for an elderly husband and wife both them claimed to be able to contact the deceased. I’d normally be a bit cynical about such claims. They somehow knew my grandpa had recently passed and said he was following my dad around who works with me. The woman knew things about my grandpa that wasn’t possible for them to know.

Back