Most Authentic Ghost Video at Manassas

One trip to Gettysburg, walking up past Zook's position, passed a reenactor. He was good- trailed on up the hill head down, grubby, slow, skinny guy. I tried to smile at him because I like reenactors and he also seemed, I don't know, lonely looking or depressed or something. I was alone too, playing truant while visiting my daughter at the school. ( she got visited a lot... ) Anyway, I'm not terrible familiar with reenactors, he just seemed a very good representation. Guy never looked up.Nothing ethereal about him, very real.

So looked back after a minute or so? I'm not saying he couldn't have bolted into the woods or been picked up by a car or something but he wasn't there. He'd have to have been fast though.

But I do believe in ghosts. With alllll my heart. Age 19 went to a school in the UK, ' dorm' was an ancient manor house. Where ghosts apparently spent eternity scaring the bejammers out of kids. They did a fine job.

Been to Gettysburg and Antietam (and some others) many many times..Only one time have I encountered anything (and actually it wasnt even me)...walking along with wheatfield road with my wife ,and daughter who was maybe three...My daughter stops and starts laughing hysterically and pointing (towards the Rose farm - I guess thats south)....and saying "look at the man in the funny hat rolling on the ground." There was nothing there, took a pic and there was still nothing there...Dont know what she saw but I believe she saw something

Despite many attempts, I never have had an encounter. I stayed at the Farnsworth Inn in Gettysburg - and slept like a baby through the night. I went to the Triangular Field near Devil's Den around midnight - saw a bunch of flashes - only t learn they were fellow ghost hunters who were taking pictures! I used to reenact with the First Minnesota, "based" in Fort Snelling. Many guys I respect recounted tales of footsteps, sudden cold spots and other phenomenon. Even though I've spent a number of nights in the fort, I've never experienced anything other than good times and incredible stars. I'll keep trying . . .
I experienced the sound of cannon rumbling at Gettysburg. Sitting on a chair at the Quality Court on Steinwehr, bright sunny Fall day in 2008 smoking a cigarette. Sounded like a thunderstorm cooking up. We had heard about these sounds from the locals

I experienced the sound of cannon rumbling at Gettysburg. Sitting on a chair at the Quality Court on Steinwehr, bright sunny Fall day in 2008 smoking a cigarette. Sounded like a thunderstorm cooking up. We had heard about these sounds from the locals

Wow that’s interesting ! I’d say its very interesting to experience something like that. I wouldn’t like to mingle with a poltergeist but I’d find something like that fascinating.

Wow that’s interesting ! I’d say its very interesting to experience something like that. I wouldn’t like to mingle with a poltergeist but I’d find something like that fascinating.

Might I say, as an aside, that I love your Country! I believe I was an Irishman in a previous life.

Another interesting one from Gettysburg. I find it interesting but unsettling somewhat. I’d hate the thought of men stuck in some sort of purgatory on the battlefield for eternity. I wonder is it all just an echo from the past perhaps ?

Another interesting one from Gettysburg. I find it interesting but unsettling somewhat. I’d hate the thought of men stuck in some sort of purgatory on the battlefield for eternity. I wonder is it all just an echo from the past perhaps ?

Interesting video I heard the musket volley as well. I heard some other noises as well like men yelling etc. Pretty good video specially during the day like that.

I hear a shot at about the 1 minute mark . It is a long ways off . This was obviously filmed in the fall when small game season is open . I'm guessing squirrel hunter . The "voices" sound like Canada geese to me . I am an outdoorsman so I'm used to hearing these noises . They don't sound ghostly to me .

Why would anyone take a fast-panning, jerky video like that except as an excuse to swing quickly past a figure (twice!) that they could fob off as a "ghost"??? Seems very suspicious to me, and anything but "authentic."

Last edited:
When I was a freshman in college I attended Shepherd College in Shepherdstown West Va. It was a short drive to Sharpsburg and the Antietam battlefield. My friends and I frequently visited just to sit and roam the battlefield. The evenings were particularly nice. All of us at one time or another had an eerie feeling near sunset that was hard to explain. Not a bad feeling, just eerie. It didn't prevent us from visiting many times.

When I was a freshman in college I attended Shepherd College in Shepherdstown West Va. It was a short drive to Sharpsburg and the Antietam battlefield. My friends and I frequently visited just to sit and roam the battlefield. The evenings were particularly nice. All of us at one time or another had an eerie feeling near sunset that was hard to explain. Not a bad feeling, just eerie. It didn't prevent us from visiting many times.

Two of my reenactor friends and I when to peach orcherd in Gettysburg during a living history one night We camped out at by the Longstreets monument walked all the way from there to the field sat there all night just talking having a good old time. I even took my audio tape recorder to record anything happening there to see if I could catch some EVP's. I'll never for get those moments.

I hear a shot at about the 1 minute mark . It is a long ways off . This was obviously filmed in the fall when small game season is open . I'm guessing squirrel hunter . The "voices" sound like Canada geese to me . I am an outdoorsman so I'm used to hearing these noises . They don't sound ghostly to me .

Same, and the whole time was trying to figure out why she's trying to talk to the bird that kept chirping......

Back