More sloppy handwriting on family letter

Capt. Glasgow

Private
Hi!

I wonder if a forum exists for help in reading old documents? I wish we had one somewhere. Here is another problem sentence from my CSA ancestor writing from Richmond. I would greatly appreciate any help in reading the 2 highlighted words. The sentence in question to the best of my ability to read it says:

"think I have no other news only my feete has ? ? well and it is go again and perhaps no more to Return"
Inked20190101_134825_LI.jpg

Context can help? We just had so many ancestors with dreadful handwriting, sometimes can now pick out what on earth they said.

Getting " I have no other news, only my feeling- has beauty ( p. m. or f.m., initials? ) ' well and its so a pure one 'Further along there's the words ' perhaps no more', ( too ? ) ' reformed ' . ' I read yours of q.z. ( initials again? ) yesterday'.

You know, if these are sentimental words whomever received the letter would still have no clue how he felt.

sometimes by looking at words you do know, it can help to determine what some of the letters are in those you don't. For Example, if you look at the first word (in the line that contains the first underlined word), that word looks like only. For the underlined word, the last two letters match up with the ly in only. I have used this method many times in trying to determine what words are. If you can find enough matches like that, you can frequently determine what the word is. The first underlined word might be "early P.M."

Hi!

I wonder if a forum exists for help in reading old documents? I wish we had one somewhere. Here is another problem sentence from my CSA ancestor writing from Richmond. I would greatly appreciate any help in reading the 2 highlighted words. The sentence in question to the best of my ability to read it says:

"think I have no other news only my feete has ? ? well and it is go again and perhaps no more to Return"View attachment 216423
Been looking at this for a couple days and I do see this from the second line from the bottom:
"I Recv'd yours of 27 yestr'dy" apparently a reference to a letter he had gotten...

And maybe this..."I have no other news only my feet has be willing..."?

Can you post the page prior to this and the one following it? It might give more context within which folks could try and interpret. That would also lend help in identifying how the writer forms their letters (by recognition of individual letters in "easy" words).
Also I would be interested in reading your interpretation of this whole page.

Back