Recent Find More Relics From A Confederate Parole Camp "Weapons Repair"

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
Once these CS troops were officially exchanged they were able to be refitted for battle. When they left Demop they went to North Georgia but during the winter of 63-64 the were outfitted with new uniforms and weapons, some of them not so new. Some units received new Enfields while other got antiquated musket. One section of this camp produced a lot of gun parts as they were trying make 1 good one from several bad ones. Below is a thread we had on these awhile back and here are all the weapons parts found in this section of the camps. All of the muskets that were found in the cave at Lookout Mt came from here.
DSCN2344.JPG
DSCN2345.JPG
DSCN2346.JPG

Pretty neat items. Thanks for showing.
Thanks. I have been told by several locals that many years ago someone found a whole musket in the creek that is just south of the camp but I have not been able to track it down.

Once these CS troops were officially exchanged they were able to be refitted for battle. When they left Demop they went to North Georgia but during the winter of 63-64 the were outfitted with new uniforms and weapons, some of them not so new. Some units received new Enfields while other got antiquated musket. One section of this camp produced a lot of gun parts as they were trying make 1 good one from several bad ones. Below is a thread we had on these awhile back and here are all the weapons parts found in this section of the camps. All of the muskets that were found in the cave at Lookout Mt came from here.
View attachment 347905View attachment 347906View attachment 347907
Love the relics!!

When the troops got here the camped by states and the Alabama camp is in a different section of the property. I have scaned this area but not hunted it with grid lines yet.

When the troops got here the camped by states and the Alabama camp is in a different section of the property. I have scaned this area but not hunted it with grid lines yet.
Understood, I did not realize that about being organized by state. I will look forward to seeing what you find from the Alabama camps.

Richard you are a true marvel! I fully expect to read soon that you have successfully tunneled under the river and ended up in Mississippi! 😎
Regards
David

Back