More fun with miniatures.

Where is this train layout?
Middlefield, Ohio...about 40 minutes East of Cleveland. They change the scenes around a lot. They even had a working drive in movie and trailer park scene! SOOOO much to see! I was there 12/2019 and can't wait to go back when they reopen to see what they've added because they said were making it larger and adding even more!

Last edited:
I use 54mm soldiers. I can handle the smaller ones either. I still get a little frustrated when I knock one over when adding a new one. Then I have to set that one back up without knocking another one over. LOL almost like dominoes. Still I have learned to use a pair of large tweezers to hold and place things.
Have you tried using museum wax so to keep from knocking the other soldiers down when you place the new ones in there? Is should help somewhat.

That has to be in The Guinness Book of World Records; simply incredible!
Lubliner.

Sorry, but our Miniature Wonderland in Hamburg would probably beat it. 160038 square feet of sheer perfection! You would love it!

Here are two shots from their representation of the United States (I was there around Christmas, so notice Santa on the roof in the second photo:
20191206_214824.jpg
20191206_214834.jpg

And here comes Venice:
20191206_202659.jpg

20191206_202843.jpg

As if you were there, right?

Sorry, but our Miniature Wonderland in Hamburg would probably beat it. 160038 square feet of sheer perfection! You would love it!

Here are two shots from their representation of the United States (I was there around Christmas, so notice Santa on the roof in the second photo:View attachment 375590View attachment 375591

And here comes Venice:
View attachment 375593
View attachment 375594

Is this mechanized like the model train displays?

Is this mechanized like the model train displays?
Yes it is. In fact it started as the World's Largest Model Train Display, but now it is much more than that. Lots of funny little scenes, like the Vatican, with some Cardinals and Monsignori playing soccer in a hidden yard.
If you ever come to Germany, this is a must see.

Yes it is. In fact it started as the World's Largest Model Train Display, but now it is much more than that. Lots of funny little scenes, like the Vatican, with some Cardinals and Monsignori playing soccer in a hidden yard.
If you ever come to Germany, this is a must see.
The one I posted is the largest "O" scale display in America. Lots of different trains scales. What scale is the one in Germany?

The one I posted is the largest "O" scale display in America. Lots of different trains scales. What scale is the one in Germany?

I didn't know that, so I looked on their website, but I don't really understand what they are saying. Seems ours is smaller, Half O (HO), but you sure will know better than me. This is what I found:
1600961009172.png

The link description says best used with wood. I assume it should work fine with metal and plastic. Ordering some now. Thanks again.
I use it on plastic in my dollhouses on their wood floors. There are all kinds of different brands but they're all basically the same. There are also putties etc.

Last edited:
I didn't know that, so I looked on their website, but I don't really understand what they are saying. Seems ours is smaller, Half O (HO), but you sure will know better than me. This is what I found:
View attachment 375600
Ho is half the size of O. There are plenty of pics of different size scales of figures and trains on Google search. It's crazy because I have several scales of dollhouses and most match up relatively well with train scales most of the time so I use their shrubbery and stuff too.

Here are two shots from their representation of the United States (I was there around Christmas, so notice Santa on the roof in the second photo:View attachment 375590View attachment 375591

And here comes Venice:
View attachment 375593
View attachment 375594

I always love the water effects achieved in model rail. Regrettably, the methods used are unsuitable for the rigours of wargaming although they would be useful for dioramas.
For wargaming, I like to use the products from Wargamers' Terrain, here's a brief [video]. I can attest to their excellent after sales service as well: two years after I had ordered some of the products some of the terrain features (e.g. rushes alongside rivers) were squished during a move [I didn't pack them very well] and the owners of Wargamers' Terrain provided useful advice on how to rectify the problem which was great to see in this age of 'limited liability' and short-term warranties.

Back