More fun with miniatures.

Virginia Dave

First Sergeant
Forum Host
Don't ask me why I am enjoying this so much. Why is a 70 year old man still playing with toy soldiers? Perhaps I am going through my second childhood, and remembering playing out in the dirt with all those green colored soldiers my parents brought to me. What ever the reason the best is that it just makes me feel good. So I hope you enjoy the pictures and hope you will post a few more of yours.

IMG_2628.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2630.JPG

IMG_2631.JPG

IMG_2632.JPG

IMG_2633.JPG

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2635.JPG

IMG_2636.JPG

Don't ask me why I am enjoying this so much. Why is a 70 year old man still playing with toy soldiers? Perhaps I am going through my second childhood, and remembering playing out in the dirt with all those green colored soldiers my parents brought to me. What ever the reason the best is that it just makes me feel good. So I hope you enjoy the pictures and hope you will post a few more of yours.

View attachment 375402

View attachment 375403

View attachment 375404

View attachment 375405

View attachment 375406

View attachment 375407

View attachment 375408

View attachment 375409

View attachment 375410
I'm only a few years behind you and have painted miniatures for decades . Some people think it is a strange hobby , but that never bothered me . I have a bunch of Britains toy soldiers as well and always enjoy looking at layouts like you have done . Nicely done . It brings back memories of the old Marx Civil War and WW2 sets I had when I was a child . Do what you enjoy . You'll always have a lot of support from the folks on CWT.

I don’t think it’s strange at all to create these small vignettes of art. I think they are beautiful. And so therapeutic mentally and physically. Being somewhat long in the tooth myself, I could never create scenarios that minute. My hands shake too much :+))))
I use 54mm soldiers. I can handle the smaller ones either. I still get a little frustrated when I knock one over when adding a new one. Then I have to set that one back up without knocking another one over. LOL almost like dominoes. Still I have learned to use a pair of large tweezers to hold and place things.

I'm only a few years behind you and have painted miniatures for decades . Some people think it is a strange hobby , but that never bothered me . I have a bunch of Britains toy soldiers as well and always enjoy looking at layouts like you have done . Nicely done . It brings back memories of the old Marx Civil War and WW2 sets I had when I was a child . Do what you enjoy . You'll always have a lot of support from the folks on CWT.
Thank you. It’s a shame the younger crowd isn’t attracted to this hobby.

LOVE these! There is nothing strange about your hobby! It is called "imagination!" Where would we be if inventors never had one? It is NO different then toy trains and dollhouses! Check out the Victorian "Man cave" bar in my dollhouse! When I'm done I'll make a video of the entire home. I even make my own 1/2 scale Victorian people! The one photo is when I was at Cathy Lincoln of Lincoln Electric's house. She added on a 400 square foot addition JUST for her dollhouses! See all the grey hairs? The next is a video I took touring Corner Fields Train Museum.
They say "miniatures" is very good for the mind...you can create any world you want!
1600893670710.png

Cathy Lincoln's miniatures Emma.jpg

Corner Field Trains.jpg

LOVE these! There is nothing strange about your hobby! It is called "imagination!" Where would we be if inventors never had one? It is NO different then toy trains and dollhouses! Check out the Victorian "Man cave" bar in my dollhouse! When I'm done I'll make a video of the entire home. I even make my own 1/2 scale Victorian people! The one photo is when I was at Cathy Lincoln of Lincoln Electric's house. She added on a 400 square foot addition JUST for her dollhouses! See all the grey hairs? The next is a video I took touring Corner Fields Train Museum.
They say "miniatures" is very good for the mind...you can create any world you want! View attachment 375530

View attachment 375527

View attachment 375529
Where is this train layout?

Back