1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Moore patent revolver history wanted

Discussion in 'Civil War Weapons and Ammunition' started by jveesart, Jan 10, 2017.

1. jveesart

jveesart Cadet

First off this is my first post so thank you for letting me in. Seems like there is a wealth of knowledge in here. If I'm posting in the wrong section I apologize. I recently purchased a Moore Patent revolver and would like to see if I can find any information on it. I already know the history of the company itself but would like to get more detailed to the pistol. I know with Colt you can get a factory letter, some thing along those lines. Any ideas on where to start or would it be a dog chasing its tail? I've done multiple google searches with no results. Thanks in advance.

Story likes this.

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. JOHN42768

JOHN42768 First Sergeant Trivia Game Winner

Welcome, enjoy

4. Legion Para

Legion Para Brigadier General Moderator Forum Host

Welcome to the forum jveesart.

The D. Moore Company became National Firearms in 1865. Colt purchased National Firearms in 1870. Contact Colt and see if they have the D. Moore Company records.

welcome-header.jpg

Drew likes this.
  5. Story

Story Sergeant

tbuckley likes this.
  6. ucvrelics.com

ucvrelics.com First Sergeant Forum Host

Welcome to the forum. Your in the right spot. I agree with Story we would love to see photos and the serial# would be helpful so we can help you with your quest.

7. William G Hendry

William G Hendry Corporal

welcome from Ont. Canada enjoy

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)