Golden Thread Monuments and markers at Shiloh off the beaten path

16thAL

Sergeant
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Merry Christmas from Shiloh . May God bless us all .
KIMG0972.JPG

Ole Miss

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
James it is about 1/5 North of the largest Confederal Burial Trench on Sherman Road just East of the road.
If you have a Trailhead Graphic map it is located in Section D06 and is tablet number 341. Kevin and Ashley do a great job of searching through the woods, but of course they have young legs and it doesn't hurt them much. :thumbsup:
Regards
David

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
View attachment 395741

I have looked for this one for a long time. This is where my ancestors spent the night Saturday night, and had a front row seat to watch the battle begin.
Well, is this one actually IN the park, or is it another like those scattered along the Pittsburg Landing - Corinth Road, Bark Road etc.? Of course, my ancestor Jasper Blair's 33d Alabama was in Wood's later brigade when it was part of Pat Cleburne's Division from Richmond, KY through Chickamauga, after which Wood resigned under a cloud.

16thAL

Sergeant
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Well, is this one actually IN the park, or is it another like those scattered along the Pittsburg Landing - Corinth Road, Bark Road etc.?
It is in the far edge of the field at the corner of the treeline by hwy 22 . Looking from the monument in the middle of the field if accessed from park it's at your 11:00