Missing battle flag and other questions.

I can't find a battle flag for the 11th West Virginia volunteer infantry as a matter of fact its kinda hard to find any info other than muster roles for them. I'm sure it would look like all the other WV infantry but different engagements. The 11th WV did spend most the time divided with half the companys holding ground and the others on the move with Ohio regiments. Was it normal to divide regiments like that? It does seem the 11th had leadership issues (grandpa excluded lol) maybe that is why they were attached to more stable regiments.
1 anyone know anything about 11th battle flag?
2 was it normal to break up a regiment?
3 bonus question how often would a private be promoted to a 2nd Lt? (Noticed it in the paperwork)

It was not uncommon for a unit to do scouting and picket duty.
Unit Information(3).jpg

Vote Here:
It makes it hard to follow where my ancestor has been seeing how a lot of the time the 11th is engaged there isn't clear foot notes on what company's were actually there. I'm new at civil war research but the record keeping for WV is baaaad. I have seen conflicting reports where f company was said to be with their regiment and with the Ohio vols in places 100 miles apart. Is this just the way it was? Did battle flags vary with company or regiment? Sorry I'm new to all this?

Vote Here:
It makes it hard to follow where my ancestor has been seeing how a lot of the time the 11th is engaged there isn't clear foot notes on what company's were actually there. I'm new at civil war research but the record keeping for WV is baaaad. I have seen conflicting reports where f company was said to be with their regiment and with the Ohio vols in places 100 miles apart. Is this just the way it was? Did battle flags vary with company or regiment? Sorry I'm new to all this?
Fold3 has over 289 pages of unit info on the 11th to include everywhere Co. F went.
Unit Information(4).jpg

Vote Here:
Back