Miniatures Miniature 12lb Napoleon Cannon & Limber.

rebel brit

Captain
Forum Host
Bought this on my 1st trip to Gettysburg in 2003 and it's had pride of place on my window ledge ever since. It's made of wood and metal and a few years ago I decided to paint it, the barrel in a brass effect and the cannon and limber in green. I also made the water bucket and the seat blanket in Magic-sculpt.
IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

Bought this on my 1st trip to Gettysburg in 2003 and it's had pride of place on my window ledge ever since. It's made of wood and metal and a few years ago I decided to paint it, the barrel in a brass effect and the cannon and limber in green. I also made the water bucket and the seat blanket in Magic-sculpt.
View attachment 344360

View attachment 344363

View attachment 344364
I agree the barrel is especially good , but the whole display is great . Have you considered sculpting an artilleryman or two to go with it ? About what scale do you think it is ?

I agree the barrel is especially good , but the whole display is great . Have you considered sculpting an artilleryman or two to go with it ? About what scale do you think it is ?
Yes, several times but I've never done a full figure that large before. The wheels are 6 inches , so the figures would have to be 1:10th scale

Very nice paint job. I also see that I have a prominent spot. We will be adding to that at Shiloh.

View attachment 344360
I have this same model, it looks stunning painted, I may need to do that with mine as well! Good job!

It's made of wood and metal
The limber & cannon combination makes for a Great Display. I’ve always wanted to make a model even if only 1/35 scale.
Your model is a large scale: 1/6. Right?
I think this is the same model that I kit-bashed to make my Williams Gun cannon. The wheels are 6 Inches diameter.
Was the model originally unpainted? I usually see the carriage in natural wood. I disassembled my carriage and the main beam, cheek pieces and axle were wood but those complex wheels is some kind of epoxy material.
I added a little more detail by making the Bolt seen between every other spoke that attaches the wheel rim. Then I added a bullet hole in one of the spokes.
514D7585-B368-437E-8D6B-FFAC392E477C.jpeg

Looks really great.

Oh, I knew I made another modification to the wheels. I "flattened" the rim. I thought the original wheel had too much of a hump across the face of the rim. I filed it down----BTW, there are parts of the wheel that is metal, such as the rim and, I believe, parts of the hub.

Oh, I knew I made another modification to the wheels. I "flattened" the rim. I thought the original wheel had too much of a hump across the face of the rim. I filed it down----BTW, there are parts of the wheel that is metal, such as the rim and, I believe, parts of the hub.
Great job. Flattening the rim must have been a chore .

Great idea to flatten the rim , looks much better. Will probably do mine . It was bought unpainted and yes you're right I think it is the same as yours.

Back