Military Uniforms in America series from the Company of Military Historians.

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
In a week I will be on my way to Columbus Ga. for the Company of Military Historians annual convention. I have most of the Military Uniforms in America series for the Civil War, but always review the few I do not have prior to going in hopes of obtaining them at the convention. The society has published 200 Union uniform plates and 52 Confederate uniform plates. I never really gave it much thought, but realized last night that 252 out of 907 was almost 28% of every uniform plate published. I still need 5 Union and 1 Confederate uniform plate, so wish me luck.

The real rare plates are not induced in the 907 total. Each year the members who attended the convention were give a uniform or history plate not included in the 907 total. So if 75 people went to the convention, 75 uniforms plates were printed. When I was younger I had an opportunity to buy the entire set of these up to the time I state to attend the convention, but could not see paying the coast at that time. I still kick myself.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Generally speaking about the entire series of plates, some plates are better than others. There are a few plates tbat leave a lot to be desired. With that said, I do own a complete set of them.

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
It is true some leave a lot to be desired, essentially the older plates. I look at them as an inspiration for others to research for additional information. New information is always being discovered to add to our knowledge.