Military buttons ID needed. Post-Civil War.

Someone gave these to me identify. I don't know anything about them. Your help is valuable and needed.

P1110229.jpg

P1110231.jpg

The two large ones are about .875" or 23mm diameter. The one on the left looks gold and the other looks bronze. The smaller button is about .625" or 15 mm diameter. It is bronze. The back of the gold one reads FINE QUALITY with a small star. The backs of the bronze ones read SUPERIOR QUALITY with two small stars.

What are they? Approximate date of manufacture? Approximate vale? What is the U-shaped object, etc.?

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I think these are WWII.
P1110234.jpg

P1110235.jpg
Sorry about the dark photos. The buttons in the top photo have the same design as in the original post. The large one is 1.125" or 30mm diameter. The mid-size one is .875" or 23mm. The small one is .625 " or 15mm. The backs of the two larger buttons read N.S. MEYER NEW YORK with two stars. The back of the small on reads R.L. MFG. CO. NEWARK.N.J.

The bottom row shows two buttons each 1.0" or 25.4mm diameter. The first one has US on the front. The second has a pair of crossed cannons with a shell in the middle. The backs have two pointy triangles to stick into the material and a threaded stud to screw the back on.

The same questions apply to these items as in the first post. Thanks!

Those are 1902 pattern Great Seal buttons. They were in use from 1902 until present day. I'll try to come up with backmark dates later unless somebody beats me to it. The u shaped object appears to be a large clothing hook from a hook and eye closure but I could be wrong. Unfortunately the buttons are so common the value is very minimal. I bought a bag of around 100 similar buttons for $5 hoping there would be hidden treasure inside. After scouring the bag there was nothing of value so I gave the bag away to a button collector/dealer.

Those are 1902 pattern Great Seal buttons. They were in use from 1902 until present day. I'll try to come up with backmark dates later unless somebody beats me to it. The u shaped object appears to be a large clothing hook from a hook and eye closure but I could be wrong. Unfortunately the buttons are so common the value is very minimal. I bought a bag of around 100 similar buttons for $5 hoping there would be hidden treasure inside. After scouring the bag there was nothing of value so I gave the bag away to a button collector/dealer.
Thanks for your information!