Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
1611032190841.png

CivilWarTalk Presents:
Michael C. Hardy
author of
North Carolina Remembers Gettysburg
Wednesday, January 27, 2021, at 830pm EST

In A Live Video Presentation

Michael C. Hardy is North Carolina's 2010 Historian of the Year and winner of the 2018 Dr. James I. Robertson, Jr. Literary Prize. All totaled, Mr. Hardy has written 22 books, including a number of regimental histories and, most recently, a history of the Branch-Lane brigade. North Carolina Remembers Gettysburg, published in 2011, is the first comprehensive history of commemorative activities related to those North Carolina regiments that participated in the Battle of Gettysburg. In this deeply researched work, Hardy shares images ―photographs of veterans and reunions, monuments, and tombstones― that demonstrate the many ways that the old Confederate soldiers are commemorated across the Old North State. Join us, for what is sure to be an engaging presentation.
REGISTER NOW.

Seating is limited! You don't need to be a CivilWarTalk member to attend the presentation.

Don't forget to mark the date on your calendar!

Last edited:

A. Roy

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Thanks for your presentation last night, @Michael C. Hardy, and for responding to my question about North Carolinians' resentments over command issues. It's a question that intrigues me, partly because I wonder whether it affected the performance of soldiers and their units.

Roy B.