Mesopotamia Reenactment Oct cancelled

Mrs. V

1st Lieutenant
I got word on another Social Media platform that the newly revived show has been cancelled. They lost sponsors, and a survey they did showed it would not be well attended. I had actually been thinking about going to this..wander around, sing..go back to the hotel! Lol..oh well..better safe than sorry.

One of my friends was able to do a reenactment they took baths in a creek and took two weeks off work so that they didn't get sick. They prepared for it because of Covid-19. If you want to go to a real reenactment go to Portland lol.

One of my friends was able to do a reenactment they took baths in a creek and took two weeks off work so that they didn't get sick. They prepared for it because of Covid-19. If you want to go to a real reenactment go to Portland lol.
Well, no bathing in the crick for me...unless you want to see a female bobber! (Hoop skirts)..although once when we were visiting Michillimacinac there was an encampment, and several of the ladies were wettin their skirts in Lake Michigan. It was HOT that day.

Sad that this was canceled. There are still some fall events that have yet to be canceled but they could be in jeopardy.

I fear it won't be the last to cancel. I had hoped it wouldn't happen, but it looks like no reenacting this fall.

Who knows, maybe the mass virus scares and fear of it along with political upheaval cancelling events and the driving forces behind it all will end after a certain happening in a certain month in the fall.

I got word on another Social Media platform that the newly revived show has been cancelled. They lost sponsors, and a survey they did showed it would not be well attended. I had actually been thinking about going to this..wander around, sing..go back to the hotel! Lol..oh well..better safe than sorry.
The same people hold the Ohio Regimental Ball annually. Hopefully because it's a "private" event and doesn't include spectators it wont be cancelled. Would love to see your presentation on songs including wounded hospitalized soldier's favorites from both sides. :wink:

Back