Members feel free to add cemetery pictures

IMG_2121.JPG

IMG_2530.JPG

IMG_3056.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3549.JPG

IMG_5417.jpg

'Old Isham' General Frank Cheatham's warhorse had a paddock next to the road. Veterans would stop & pet him.
When Old Ishman went to his reward, Cheatham buried him here.
The present land owner has created quite a nice memorial.

IMG_5416.jpg

Unlike most memorials, this one has the right flag. The Polk's Corps flag is an indication of the care that the land owner has taken.

If you are traveling & want to see Old Isham's memorial, exit I-24 onto Beech Grove Road, turn eastward for a hundred yards or so, right on HWY 41. French Brantley Road will be on your right, it intersects at an oblique angle, you will know that you have missed it if you cross the Noah Fork bridge. The memorial is on the right across the road from Noah Branch.

Charles Kron, Co. B, 38th Indiana Infantry, age 24/25, died on May 3, 1863 of chronic diarrhea at the General Field Hospital near Murfreesboro, TN, 157 years ago today. He is buried at Stones River National Cemetery. My relative. RIP

C5B6E9A9-9D0D-4CDE-B6CF-B311D055C197.jpeg

Last edited:
Took my granddaughters to San Jacinto Battleground State Historic Site today. Weather was good and we needed to get outdoors for awhile. They like it out there too. There is a small cemetery on the grounds and a Confederate soldier is buried there.

2020-05-03 15.35.26-1.jpg

James places flag at grave of his 4th great grandfather, Capt. James P. Smith, Hollywood Cemetery, Richmond, Va.

Jake at JPS gravesite.jpg

Photo of flowers at the time of burial.
Cemetery flowers.jpg

Last edited:
Henderson Cemetery, Shelby Co. IL. Jacob Stanley is actually Jacob Staley. He died of disease in Jackson, MS. The 41st IL Infantry were from local counties here in Cent. IL. James Roney's stone has fallen off its base. I contacted the family but they have no interest. I'm going to try to get help to fix it. Roney fought the whole war. The 41st went through hell. His stone needs fixed. Gary
DSC08885.JPG
DSC08884.JPG
DSC08882.JPG
DSC08880.JPG

Back