Member Testimonials

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

kel1985

2nd Lieutenant
Mike,
I found the board just last week and have nothing but great things to say. Things are kept on topic, and there is a wealth of knowledge to tap here. Thanks for getting it rolling!

BertG

Private
I just rejoined this board a few days ago and I'm enjoying myself immensely! I second Ole's sentiments; I feel very much at home here. Keep up the great work, Mike and thank you.

Dallas, TX by way of San Marcos & Brazoria Cou
I commend, congratulate and appreciate the thoughtfulness and generous, sharing nature of the members and their unbridled ability to burst forth and share the information that they have with both hands. It is not often that such nobility of spirit is demonstrated without compensation. I thank you, I thank you for all the invaluable information that was poured out to me. So much that I am still trying to digest it all. You guys ROCK!

shanniereb

Sergeant Major
Recently I've had a number of compliments about the web site and message board emailed to me. So I was thinking, what better way to showcase all those comments then to create a testimonials board. So here we are!

Let's see what you have to say about CivilWarTalk.com....
I was attracted to the fact that people were discussing the Civil War in a civil manner on the forum. I hate to argue with people who have never read a book on the subject. I would much rather discuss the issue in a civil manner. I have always been a big advocate for both sides to be friendly to each other. I think the veterans would have preferred it this way :D

Bonny Blue Flag

1st Lieutenant
Finding this site 5 yrs ago has enriched my life so much. The sheer number of subjects that members have written about on this website is immense and satisfies my curiosity about all things CW.

In trying to speak with non-historians, I have encountered the "deer in the headlights" looks, the comments "They did? Well, how about that." and the inevitable change of subject and the walk-away.

CWT is a paradise for CW enthusiasts and lovers of history. It has saved my sanity and a few friendships!

--BBF

Nathanb1

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
I went to a conference of teachers last week. The topic, of course, was The Civil War. The four speakers, all professors at various universities (including Dr. Donald Frazier, whose books on the trans-Mississippi are pretty phenomenal) were sort of flabbergasted at all my miscellaneous and normally useless knowledge about the war and its causes. One in particular finally asked where I learned all this--and of course, I said here. I realized again what an opportunity we all have to share and learn in a great atmosphere. Love it.:wub:

Finding this site 5 yrs ago has enriched my life so much. The sheer number of subjects that members have written about on this website is immense and satisfies my curiosity about all things CW.

In trying to speak with non-historians, I have encountered the "deer in the headlights" looks, the comments "They did? Well, how about that." and the inevitable change of subject and the walk-away.

CWT is a paradise for CW enthusiasts and lovers of history. It has saved my sanity and a few friendships!

--BBF
We weren't aware you had any to preserve!:bounce:

I have been on the board only a short time, but i have found it to be just what I was looking for. My first day here I found the answer to a question about a photograph that had been driving me up the wall for months. The people on here make you feel as you belong and I say well done.

I've been doing Boards, Discussion Groups (yep, even the old AOL C.W. group & Usenet), for a long, long time. And usually they all disintegrate into flaming wars - in fact, the Civil War I'm trying to learn about, turns into a civil war:wink:. Blogs are great, you learn from the better ones, but it's basically a one-way correspondence. And then there's Civil War Talk - been here for going on 2 months, and I truly enjoy everything about it - the knowledge of the group, the design of the site, and how folks are willing to share either interesting web-sites - files - personal opinions on books, tactics, recipes, photos, you name it. For instance, I log on - hmmmmm - you know what, I'm in the mood to learn about the Western Theater, for instance - click - off I go. Later - break time - I'll listen to some tunes - they are there. Okay - look at some pics - not only are they there, but discussed and evaluated - amazing. I'm not a reenactor but appreciate their efforts and and knowledge - click - into the Re-enactor's forum. Moderators are fair, and quick to alleviate a problem before it gets too far, and contribute besides moderating. Mike & Ami - The Moderators - and the members - a big THANK YOU !!!! - for giving me a happy place to indulge my hobby/interest. (And that's my story, and I'm stickin' to it :smile:).

DixieRifles

1st Lieutenant
I just want to say that I certainly enjoy this forum board. Most may not think I like it because I don't post very much. There is a lot to discuss when it comes to the ACW. So I tend to read what I enjoy and skim over the rest and not comment. At first, I wasn't sure how well I would be received. I had the perception that this board was the for those of the Northern persuasion and my ancestry and knowledge is totally Confederate. But that has not been the case at all.

I've learn that I can come here and post a question and usually get a quick and accurate answer. This is also a great place to share and discover history together. I'm thankful for inputs from some of the regulars. I won't name any names, but I am grateful for their comments.

I've also bumped into a few gents who have become friends on FaceBook.

Good job. And I like the new format and display.

Steve - "DixieRifles"

LT.J.H.McDaniel

Sergeant Major
Ive been a member here for quite a while now. I came here to ask a question about some research I was doing and ended up making friends and learning a lot as well. Ive met people here that I truly consider friends. This forum and its people are truly one of a kind. You couldnt ask for any better.
J.Flynn

I love this website. I have finally found a place where I can indulge my addiction to Civil War history without being thought odd (as I am by my friends and family.) Thanks for creating such a wonderful meeting place which promotes such great conversation and educational opportunities. You're the Best!:smile:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)