Member Testimonials

Pvt Burt

Cadet
My 2 cents

I would just like to say that Board is a Godsend to a new reenactor such as myself, I find it extremely informative and all the information is straight forward. I also like the way this Board unlike other Boards is consistent to the subject and not being used to grind some one axe if you know what I mean. Please keep up the GREAT work and know some of us new reenacting really appreciate all the Great info.
Thanks to all the members of this Board.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Sir, this a outstanding forum. I learn so much. Just when I start feeling like a expert on all thing ACW, I come here and realize how much more study I have to do! Great Job!

Dred

First Sergeant
ami said:
still waiting on the new version of the chat room. Mike has a few websites to build after the new year (his second job) then maybe he can start trying to find a better chatroom... :laugh2:

We have a chat room!??!?

Aye!

Pvt Burt said:
I would just like to say that Board is a Godsend to a new reenactor such as myself, I find it extremely informative and all the information is straight forward. I also like the way this Board unlike other Boards is consistent to the subject and not being used to grind some one axe if you know what I mean. Please keep up the GREAT work and know some of us new reenacting really appreciate all the Great info.
Thanks to all the members of this Board.
Amen to that, Pvt. Burt! :smile:

Capt. Coxetter

Ellsworth avenger

Sergeant Major
Not long ago I had no idea this type of entertainment existed on the web,being pretty much dragged into the 21st century ,this is my only enjoyable use of the web other than research. I am starting to pull back a little but plan on posting some original material from my collection this fall. This place is great fun, Thank You

I really do enjoy my time here. This is pretty much the only site (besides my e-mail) that I go to anymore. I've learned so much and have met so many great people here, most of which I consider friends by now.

Thank you for creating this world that I can escape to every once in a while.

Nathanb1

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Amen to Copper's post. If I didn't need to catch up on the "outside" world I'd probably only use this site. I've only been here six months--just think of all the people I wouldn't have bored in the real world if I'd only known about you guys!

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Amen to Copper's post. If I didn't need to catch up on the "outside" world I'd probably only use this site. I've only been here six months--just think of all the people I wouldn't have bored in the real world if I'd only known about you guys!
And amen to yours which automatically includes Copper's. We're mostly all in the same boat: good friends who find urgent business elsewhere when it even looks like you might bring up the Civil War. So we come here to find ears to listen and brains to argue and come up with new ways to look at things.

larry_cockerham

Southern Gentleman, Lest We Forget, 2011
Honored Fallen Comrade
Never have I seen such a pile of horn tooting and compliments about people and information. Strange thing is; they're all true.

20yr75CL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

frankconrad

Sergeant
I've enjoyed the sight, and learned a lot, if I have something to contributet that I think is pertanate it seams to be well recived. This is the only sight that I am on sounds like there is no reason to look further. Good job.

firefite44

Sergeant
I have learned a lot and gained new friends in the short time I have been on this site. Keep up the good work.

larry_cockerham

Honored Fallen Comrade
I've enjoyed the sight, and learned a lot, if I have something to contributet that I think is pertanate it seams to be well recived. This is the only sight that I am on sounds like there is no reason to look further. Good job.
Much of that is YOUR fault. We all appreciate your presence and input.

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
I like Nathanb's observation. Few of us are lucky enough to have people close who do not vanish when the USCW comes up as a topic. Just knowing what will happen causes us to retreat to the computer room and get in touch with like-minded people who are happy to spend an hour or three jawing about our favorite topic.

I'm a member in more than a few other sites. One I visit weekly; another monthly; another biannually. This board is home.

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
I just want to say that this is a wonderful site with so many knowledegable people who are willing to share and help one who knows hardly anything. I am so grateful to the help I have received on two ancestors, My Great Great Grandfathers, Nathaniel Cook and Jesse Nichols. I am now able to prove my direct link to them and share this information with all my relatives who have the same link. I recommend this site to all who are researching the war and their connection to war by having ancestors who served. d

larry_cockerham

Honored Fallen Comrade
I just want to say that this is a wonderful site with so many knowledegable people who are willing to share and help one who knows hardly anything. I am so grateful to the help I have received on two ancestors, My Great Great Grandfathers, Nathaniel Cook and Jesse Nichols. I am now able to prove my direct link to them and share this information with all my relatives who have the same link. I recommend this site to all who are researching the war and their connection to war by having ancestors who served. d
Sometimes those who help themselves the most get the most help. This lady is definitely trying and with a very good attitude. The great thing about this forum is that you will meet many quality folks such as Donna.

larry_cockerham

Honored Fallen Comrade
I like Nathanb's observation. Few of us are lucky enough to have people close who do not vanish when the USCW comes up as a topic. Just knowing what will happen causes us to retreat to the computer room and get in touch with like-minded people who are happy to spend an hour or three jawing about our favorite topic.
I've had numerous relatives and in-laws clear the room when I bring up the war, probably for a variety of reasons. Ole's quite correct, this is a place where we can 'block out' the modern world for a time and have some 'fun' in the process.

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
To Larry Cockerham Thank you for kind comments. After my father passed away a few years ago I started to think about my family history. I decided to find out about my Mother and Father's lineage. It has been so rewarding. I have learned so much with the help of sites like this one and being able to find relatives I didn't even know who could give information. The nice thing is that several cousins I have met along the way have become good friends. They really appreciate the research I am doing. It is a very rewarding endeavor. I only hope I live long enough to get it all together and send the history out to my relatives. d

I know I don't contribute very much or very often to the discussions here, but I want everyone to know that I learn so much here every day just by stopping by and reading the new posts. Not a day goes by that I'm not here, reading and learning something new, and it's all invaluable.

Maybe someday I'll feel more comfortable posting my own thoughts, but for now I'm more than content just to continue reading and learning.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!