Member Testimonials

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
I have very much enjoyed this board and all participants. It has taught me allot about the CW and allot about people in general. I think that this is one of the most open boards out there. I have scoped out a few others, but none are as user friendly, open minded, usefull, and well, just the greatest bunch of people I have had the pleasure to meet. Thank you for doing such a wonderful job putting together such a great gathering place. I can't even imagine what kind of complaints you would have received. My only complaints are my own, that I am not a computer geek and sometimes get frustrated with my own doings.

Thanks again so much for putting up with all of us and giving all of us a place to share, gab, debate, and meet people with the same common love of the Civil War.

Jenna

Bill & Ami,
Great site. I enjoy it much and I've met some people that I now consider to be my friends. There is a lot of good info on this site.
Thanks, Martin :beer:

This is an excellent site with very friendly and knowledgeable members. By reading the posts on this board I have learned so much about the Civil War.

samgrant

Captain
Retired Moderator
Best site

Admiral aporter said it well in his introduction:

Admiral_Porter said:
I'm glad to have finally found an ACW site that is consistently busy and doesn't have the rubbish of the History Channel forums.
I've tried other CW Forum sites and have found some comparisons:

Site Members Threads Postings
----------------------------------------------------

CWI 121 131 426
ACW 115 578 4,596
CWT 850 5,550 36,371

I suppose to a statistician this may or may not mean something, but it seems to me that it means that on this site, there are more people here, with more CW interests, and with more opinions/points of information, than on the other sites (tho I don't know of any other good ones with which to compare).

Great Googglely Mooggely

I have found this board to be filled to the rim with information. Being new to the ranks of reenactors with my famly included I have found this board invaluable. Thanks for all the help and information!!!!!

I find this place where I can be surrounded by other civil war "buffs". Its just like reenactments, I get to spend the weekend with History buffs! But this is better I can spend 24/7 here :smile:

This is a great message board!!

Keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Dear Mike & Ami,

I have been posting here at CivilWarTalk for a long time now, and I just thought I ought to take a few moments and thank you both for providing this excellent forum on the Civil War.

I have learned so much from so many learned people here, but none of it would have taken place if you both had not made the effort to provide this place for me and all the others who come here.

Thank you for putting up with me and my own very set ways and thanks for helping me learn so much about my favorite time in history.

It is deeply appreciated.
Unionblue

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
And now ... the rest of the story. This darn board eats up all my time. Check the mail when I get up. Check the mail sometime midday. Check the mail right before bed time. It's a convenient excuse for breaking up a project -- time to check the mail. Hanging the door can wait, checking the mail can't. You should be ashamed of yourself for putting such addictive stuff out there.
Ole

samgrant

Captain
Retired Moderator
ole said:
And now ... the rest of the story. This darn board eats up all my time. Check the mail when I get up. Check the mail sometime midday. Check the mail right before bed time. It's a convenient excuse for breaking up a project -- time to check the mail. Hanging the door can wait, checking the mail can't. You should be ashamed of yourself for putting such addictive stuff out there.
Ole
Jeeze Ole, you must be one popular poster, I never have to check the mail, cause I don't get any.

Fantastic Website!

In England REALLY GOOD material is so hard to find!

This website is fantastic!! Drop a question on the board and the replies come right back!

Keep up the good work!!:thumbsup:

The top so far.
Being fairly new to this board. I have kept my post simply so far. I really enjoy reading comments from " The other side :wink:" Being born & rasied in South Carolina, most of my view have been formed from the southern point of view ( even what little I learned in school). So i really do enjoy reading here. Keep up the good work. Later, David

william42

First Sergeant
Ole, Congrats on yer promotion, Lieutenant. :D Do I need to post a salute when addressing you on the boards now? (I don't see no salute smilie) You are commissioned now are you not? So that means a raise in pay too right? Way to go!

Terry

ole

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Retired Moderator
Terry:

A deep bow while tugging your forelock will do. Better still, I need my 1st of the month Wall Street Journal, but it's cold and I'll have to scrape my truck and I gave my long scraper to sweetie last night (the truck is rather large) and I am really, really lazy. Maybe you could help me out?

william42

First Sergeant
Well, since I have no forelocks anymore, I can scrape your truck. I'll grab my long scraper with brush that I brought with me from MN, then head in a general northwesterly direction from here. You can start lookin' for me by, oh, spring maybe. My sense of direction isn't all that great....and I drive a truck for a living.

By the way, I like this new format. Pretty nice. Is the chat board back up yet?

Terry

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
still waiting on the new version of the chat room. Mike has a few websites to build after the new year (his second job) then maybe he can start trying to find a better chatroom... :laugh2:

Just wanted to say, WELL DONE, when it comes to your site. Don't post much cause it seems everyone has done their homework and I haven't. Will try to be more active next year. But I find your site a great place to learn from. Merry Christmas to you all.

Pinckney

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)