Member Testimonials

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Mike, without a doubt, this board has enriched and inspired me. And it has more importantly educated me.

I have learned so much since I have joined this board in just a few months than in all the years I have researched and read about the Civil War.

This is mainly due to the caliber of people you attract to this wonderful forum. They come here with strong opinions and ideals and yet they are willing to be kind and polite in their debates and exchanges of information.

I hope you keep up the good work in maintaining this board, it must keep you pretty busy, and I always hope to be a member and never stop learning about the subject dearest to my heart, The American Civil War.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

This board has been a gift. Through it I have met some amazing people with many things to teach me. I believe that any place that can do that deserves praise.
I encourage anyone reading this that is not a member to join us! I don't think there is a better place with more enjoyable people to study this subject. Thank you to Mike and Ami.
happy.gif

Mike---the job you have done is great. I really
enjoy the "low key" effort, without all of the
snide remarks, mud-slinging, etc that have made
up other threads (unfortunately, you probably
know what I'm talking about). From my short time
back on this board, it seems that people come
together with the idea of learning and
contributing various facts about the events which
took place in this country from 1861-65. Keep up
the excellent work!! Chuck71.

As I think it's obvious in days like these when I catch up and flood the board with posts,
happy.gif
I like this place very much. Mike, you do an incredible job of keeping things lively and orderly, and Ami, I think it's because of your input that I feel comfortable to come here and discuss women's issues and light topics. (puppies!!!!!) You both do your all to make this place comfortable, and with me you have succeeded. And though I am just a beginner, I am grateful to all the posters who come here and bring their deep and insightful and informative points of view. Really, one of the best boards I've been. Keep it up and ask for help any time, I'll do my best.

This is one of the better boards I have visited. It offers such a wide variety of topics to discuss the war. From pure historic perspective to peoples clever interpretation of the war and even what would have been. Most importantly it gives people the chance to share their interests with others in a good, friendly setting.

I too find this site a wonderful addition to favorites list. As well as great addition to my thinking process.

THANKS
Doug Hamilton

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Mike,

Its been too long for someone to tell you what a wonderful job you are doing with this board.

Since becoming a member, I have had a chance to view other boards and chat sites and I must say this is the one I will make my home, period, bar none, no other, no way, Hose'!

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make this place a great place of learning and exchange of ideas. I appreciate the heck out of it and it has become a big part of my fun time on line.

Thanks again,
Unionblue

I echo Neil's sentiments. I too have been on other boards, even for long periods of time, but this is the finest I've encountered. And the fact that everyone here holds it to a level of courtesy that is very appealing to me is the reason I stay.

The topics that we are allowed to pursue here are the best. I've been on other boards where we weren't allowed to pursue certain areas, period.

Open and honest debate is why I call this place home.
Thanks to ALL involved in making this such a great haven for history buffs and rank amateurs like myself.

unionblue

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Member of the Year
Bill & Ami,

Just wanted to say one more time what a great board you guys have set up and continue to maintain. With the recent upgrade, I consider it an even greater place to come and debate my fellow civil war board members.

If you ever desire more help in the way of donations or anything else I can do for you via the inter net, please feel free to ask. Every penny I have ever sent you guys has been well worth it.

Sincerely,
Unionblue

max

Corporal
Of all the boards that I'am a member of, this one is by far the best. Mike and Ami have done a great job with this board, and I hope it will continue. My extremely limited knowledge has kept me from joining in many of the disscussions, but I've enjoyed reading the exchange of viewpoints that have taken place. As some of the movie reviewers say, I must give this site "two thumbs up"

Max

Just a word of thanks to Mike and Ami. This is the best Civil War discussion sites on the web and I'm glad I found it one day while browsing. We have so many knowledgeable people here and I have learned a lot since joining. I think the team of administrators and moderators do a great job and this is the one discussion board where I have yet to witness a big fight. The members are courteous as well as knowledgeable. I don't post often because I admit to being a quiet type but I have enjoyed reading the discussions and entering in of those which I feel I know enough to participate. Count me in as another who gives the site two thumbs up!

To those of you who run this board,
May I add my congratulations to you for maintaining such a worthy board. I must admit, that I too, have found this board a pleasure to participate in, and with, those who frequent these forums. I find that the individuals that come here, are some of the nicest people I've encountered on any discussion board. I haven't really participated in many boards of this type, because of the language used, and the attitude of those who attend. You are to be commended for keeping this board a friendly platform from which to 'debate'. I've been here just a short time, compared to many of those I see here, but of this you can be sure, I will be here for a very long time. Rebelchick........I was once 'quiet' as well. So I can relate to how you may feel, but I'm sure with the kind of folks who come here, you will find yourself part of the 'family' very soon, and then you too, will be adding your words of wisdom to these discussions. Thea 447, Rebal, dawna, Unionblue, johan steele and the rest of this 'gang', contribute much to the to the inlightenment of all of us. Confederates and Yankees alike can rehash our 'battle' experiences with one another without any real bloodshed. Many of our differences may never be resolved, but we have fun trying.

Respectfully,
sgtcsa

Of all the Civil War boards that I have frequented over the years, I rate this one at the top. We had a bumpy road a year ago or so but Mike, you did a good job in moderating it. I'm glad to see that after a prolonged absense, many of my old comrades are still here (Hi Union Blue) Guess who? I changed my handle.

After I get an electrical correspondence course out of the way, I hope to become a more frequent contributor again.

Memphis.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)