Lee Meet Robert E Lee 5 Cousin 6x

Makes me think, wonder how related a lot of us here on the forum are to each other?

"New research by Peter Ralph of USC Dornsife has confirmed that everyone on Earth is related to everyone else on the planet. So the Trojan Family is not just a metaphor. Turns out, we're also linked by genetics more closely than previously thought. [...] The fact that everyone has two parents means that the number of ancestors for each individual doubles every generation," Ralph said. "By using basic mathematics, we can calculate that ten generations ago each individual had a thousand ancestors, and 20 generations ago they had a million and so on.
"But when we get to 40 generations ago, in the time of Charlemagne, we arrive at a trillion ancestors and that is a problem because we now have more ancestors than there were people. Thus one can deduce that a lot of those ancestors must be the same person."

Read more at: https://phys.org/news/2013-08-dna-earth.html#jCp

Nevertheless, congrats @Karacivilwarchild for having found your new cousins!

1) Kara, that is very cool.

2) Since we're all related...

a) who is having Thanksgiving this year

and

b) who wants another charming sister at the table?
sun-smiley.gif
I'll bring pie! Wait...five...I'll bring five pies!

karacivilwarchild congrats on your fine it is fun to research ancestors my gg grandmother was a lee from Kentucky and her father was born in Richmond Kentucky and so far from what I can find is she claimed through old letter her grandfather was part of the lees of Virginia

So far all records are match but havnt hit the nail on the head yet to say 100% but I can say I am about 96%

Back