Then & Now Mclean House at Appomattox

ronzzo

Private
Annual Winner
Overlay of the Timothy O'Sullivan's 1865 photo of the McLean family on the porch of their house with a modern photo of the house.

Mclean House and Family Overlay Small2.jpg

Attachments

• thennow-winner2013.jpg
    thennow-winner2013.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 701
This is wonderful! This was wonderfully thought out. I know how much of a challenge it can be to line up all of the elements proper and you did a fantastic job!

If I could offer one suggestion though. I think the B&W portion would be stronger if you used the large TIF version found here: http://www.loc.gov/pictures/item/va0248.photos.163747p. The quality of it is much better and it would help to merge into your scene. Also, some of the transition lines from old to new are a little sharp. if you feathered the lines a little it would help to blend better.

I would be happy to help you make a few adjustments if you like, just send me a PM.

A completely new twist on putting a little color in a B&W photo. This is much better, has the spot been marked so that when i next go there I too can take that photo?

Excellent work, you should be very pleased with yourself.

Here is your winner...AND NEW...THEN AND NOW CATEGORY HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD...RONZZO!!!

Congratulations...great picture.

Back