Impressions Mary Todd Lincoln and Book Character day.

Mrs. V

1st Lieutenant
1604066274215.png

Usually around Halloween at school, we do a “book character day” so that the kids can show off their Halloween costumes. It’s the way we get around the folks who get their knickers in a twist about the holiday...anyway, this year I am going as a subject of a Biography, Mary Todd Lincoln, as I have had a few people tell me that I look a smidge like her. So, going to use my new Mourning gown, and my Lincoln Cockade and the Whitby Jet cameo necklace that I got from an antique place. I’m going to wear my Mom’s black dangle earrings. No idea of the stone, other than it’s heavy! Possibly onyx?

Pictures on the morrow, I promise. I have to get up super early so that I can do all that hair stuff, and corset..

Just one way I am trying to sneak in a wee bit of Living History where I can!

Last edited by a moderator:
She and her husband were both Spiritualists secretly to a large degree. They received visions and dreams from the Spiritual World. It is highly appropriate to make her a Halloween costume character being Halloween is to honor the dead who are in the Spiritual World. I think it is wonderful.

She and her husband were both Spiritualists secretly to a large degree. They received visions and dreams from the Spiritual World. It is highly appropriate to make her a Halloween costume character being Halloween is to honor the dead who are in the Spiritual World. I think it is wonderful.
Thanks! I’ve had several people comment that I somewhat resemble Mary..and I had someone on the street guess who I was.

I like the color coordinated mask too. Your mourning dress looks very good. Congrats on the impression, I would believe you stepped out of another time and place.
The mask is from The Mackinac State Parks. Actually a suggestion that I made for them to sell them in the gift shop. It has their 125th anniversary logo on it. And it is super comfy.

Awesome photo! I though that was a photo of Mary Todd Lincoln. Now where is Mr. Lincoln?

Well good sir, as you can see I am wearing his mourning cockade. He has crossed over. How I long to reach across the veil and behold his tender gaze once again.

Back