March 1869: President "Grant's Intense Negroism" Denounced

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

matthew mckeon

Colonel
Retired Moderator
The Republican tariff policy most likely would have been well in hand at that time, more likely the immediate concern would have been about turning the Republican vote in the South.
Using the nefarious strategy of letting black people to vote. Curse Grant's diabolical cunning.

Still, the Charleston Daily News seems curiously indifferent to tariff policy.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Using the nefarious strategy of letting black people to vote. Curse Grant's diabolical cunning.

Still, the Charleston Daily News seems curiously indifferent to tariff policy.
Indeed it was, keeping the Republican Party, and him, in power was as a stroke of genius, but then again we all know who was expendable in the election of 1876.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
Indeed it was, keeping the Republican Party, and him, in power was as a stroke of genius, but then again we all know who was expendable in the election of 1876.
Why don't you explain that to members who are not familiar with the subject.

CSA Today

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Why don't you explain that to members who are not familiar with the subject.
No way, any response to one of your posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss Grant and Republican Party Reconstruction policy we can do it via PM if you like.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
No way, any response to one of your posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss Grant and Republican Party Reconstruction policy we can do it via PM if you like.
I don’t delete posts nor do I report responses. If you don’t want to explain, that is, of course, your prerogative.

Pat Young

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Featured Book Reviewer
Again, I don't know what you mean, so I will leave it at that.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!