Map of Northern Virginia

gary

Captain
Been searching online for a map of Northern Virginia that shows Balls Bluff down to Petersburg (with Manassas, Fredericksburg, Spotsylvania Court House, Fredericksburg, Yorktown, Malvern Hill). The cartographer is putting battles in the wrong places and I'd like to have a one stop map for him/her.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

infomanpa

First Sergeant
If you want Petersburg included in the map, the city is located in the southern part of the state. It seems to me that you might as well use a map of the entire state, since you need most of it, anyway.

Specster

Sergeant Major
Stoewall Jackson and later Robert E Lee were blessed to have the services of one Jedediah Hotchkiss who time and again drew detailed map on short notice which gave the Confederate a significant advantage. If you read books as old as "The Art of War" which I believe is over 1500 years old using terrain to advantage is a huge part of military planning. A very good cartographer in the ACW was worth his weight in gold.

BlueandGrayl

First Sergeant
@BlueandGrayl - you speaking of contemporary times, aren't you? I can see a lot of modern carpetbaggers moving into Northern Virginia so they may work around DC.
Yeah I am. If you're from Virginia and in regards to the rest of the state is it still Southern culturally speaking (accent and customs)?

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)