Map for Col. Thomas Spence by Wilbur G. Kurtz in 1949.

Expired Image Removed
Over the years, Bartow County has been blessed with not only great history, but some really wonderful writer's who told the stories of our county. Writer's such as; Col. Thomas Spencer, Bell Bayless, Eunice Ginn Adams, Joe Dabney and more. The 1940's and 50s were a time of reflection for Bartow County. It was not even 100 years past the (un)Civil War and folks around here wanted to hear more about their history. These wonderful writers did not let the people down. We still have access to these stories today, and we'll be sharing many of these with you here. The history, the homes, the war, the people....they wrote about it all.
Col.Thomas Spence was a wonderful writer, historian and journalist. Through his writing we can relive our past and keep it's memory. He understood what it meant to remember and to honor those before us by putting pen in hand and ink to paper. We can now treasure these wonderful stories and events. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I have reading them. I will get them typed for easier reading and post them as they are ready. We have posted some before, but have many more. (I'm not super fast on the keyboards when I'm looking at paper, so this will take a little time) Until then enjoy this map which was made for Col. Thomas Spence by Wilbur G. Kurtz in 1949. To save and print it: Click on the photo to enlarge, right click, save to pictures. Then you can go into your photos to print. (It will also be larger when you print it out)

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)