Manassas/Bull Run Battlefield- no more fees

M E Wolf

Colonel
Retired Moderator
Members,

Announced on the radio today, in the Washington-Metropolitan area news, said that the National Park Service was unable to see the efficiency in collecting fees for tours/entry into the Battlefield.

Those who have visited, know well, that there is public traffic in all directions in which it is impossible to collect fees for those stopping at the points of interests and information postings and markers. I'm personally glad that this fee has been dropped as there aren't enough people to enforce it or totally close the battlefield at night as through traffic constantly uses the roads in the heart of it.

So--no more fees!

M. E. Wolf

I suppose that's good news, but my annual national park pass just became much less valuable. It practically paid for itself with my visits to Manassas. Fortunately, both Great Falls and Harpers Ferry parks charge a $10 admission fee, so my pass is still worth it. :wink:

Several years ago while at the New York Monuments site within the park a group of us were approached by the park police and were required to pay the admission fee (I wasn't aware there was a fee at that time). Since then, I've always paid the fee or had a pass, and of course have not been approached while in the park.

Back