2014 Photo Contest Lutheran Seminary at Gettysburg - Then and Now

I'll work on it. You got the angle super close in this one.
Thanks.i was pretty proud of this one.Its a well documented one and has photo plaques around it,so you can get really close.Just wish I could have gotten in the upper window for the famous Conference of war photos

Yeah, I wish I could blow up the "then" photo and keep the quality for the one of you. Maybe I can somehow.

Try using this one, it is from the original negative from the Library of Congress (here) and is larger than what was posted.

(Note: this is a stereo image, the image below is the right side of the negative, but appears on the left side due to the camera rotation of stereo images. When printed the left/right would have been put in their proper place to allow 3D viewing)

00354_r_BW.jpg

Thanks.i was pretty proud of this one.Its a well documented one and has photo plaques around it,so you can get really close.Just wish I could have gotten in the upper window for the famous Conference of war photos

Yeah, that would be an incredible then and now.

Try using this one, it is from the original negative from the Library of Congress (here) and is larger than what was posted.

(Note: this is a stereo image, the image below is the right side of the negative, but appears on the left side due to the camera rotation of stereo images. When printed the left/right would have been put in their proper place to allow 3D viewing)

00354_r_BW.jpg

Thanks!

NP, When I saw the original I was pretty sure there was a larger version. There is also a much larger version from a slightly different vantage point here, but the negative has some lighting issues and it cuts into the corner of the church.

Just an FYI, the Center for Civil War Photography's "Image of War Seminar" see here) will be in the area of the church in October. I don't know if they are going to be at the church specifically, it is not listed in the current schedule, but was in some of the early emails about the event. I am doing a presentation Saturday night and will be including some colorized versions of several of the Massaponax church images.

Back