Louisiana Troops and Crawfish Boil

UCVRelics

Brevet Brigadier General
Forum Host
Gold Patron
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Regtl. Quartermaster Stones River / Franklin 2022
As we had what will probable be our last "Crawfish Boil" on Sat, and I gorged myself as I always do on Crawfish, Taters, sausage, Corn and all the other stuff we thru in the pots, (and yes I do suck the heads) I got to thinking that I have never see a reference to Louisiana troops eating them. Has anyone come across a reference to them during the CW?

boil.jpg

As we had what will probable be our last "Crawfish Boil" on Sat, and I gorged myself as I always do on Crawfish, Taters, sausage, Corn and all the other stuff we thru in the pots, (and yes I do suck the heads) I got to thinking that I have never see a reference to Louisiana troops eating them. Has anyone come across a reference to them during the CW?

View attachment 139101
Pinch they tails and suck they heads. Mud bugs r us.

As we had what will probable be our last "Crawfish Boil" on Sat, and I gorged myself as I always do on Crawfish, Taters, sausage, Corn and all the other stuff we thru in the pots, (and yes I do suck the heads)
We had a crawfish boil a few weeks ago.

Since the little crustaceans were smaller than usual, that may have been one of our last boils for the "season" as well.

Coming out of the pot on the banks of the Pascagoula River :
unnamed.jpg

:smile:

Ready to dig in.
unnamed-1.jpg

:hungry::hungry::hungry:

But back to your question.

There's no doubt some of the troops boiled a few at the mess level, but I seriously doubt anything of what we think of today as a "crawfish boil" was a common occurrence.

But who knows ?
Anytime I post such speculation, someone immediately proves me wrong ! :bounce:

We had a crawfish boil a few weeks ago.

Since the little crustaceans were smaller than usual, that may have been one of our last boils for the "season" as well.

Coming out of the pot on the banks of the Pascagoula River :
View attachment 139115

:smile:

Ready to dig in.
View attachment 139125

:hungry::hungry::hungry:

But back to your question.

There's no doubt some of the troops boiled a few at the mess level, but I seriously doubt anything of what we think of today as a "crawfish boil" was a common occurrence.

But who knows ?
Anytime I post such speculation, someone immediately proves me wrong ! :bounce:
Yum. Anybody who doesn't like crawfish has never had them.

Looks delicious. I remember Crawfish Boil that some family members would have when I was young. They had place at Rockaway Beach. When I stayed with my Uncle and Aunt during summers, we go out there on weekends. It was a fun time with lots of family members and good food.

Back