1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free!
Dismiss Notice
Join and Become a Patron at CivilWarTalk!
Support this site with a monthly or yearly subscription! Active Patrons get to browse the site Ad free!
START BY JOINING NOW!

Louisiana State Museum, Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Civil War Traveler's Companion' started by bdtex, Jan 19, 2017.

1. RobertP

RobertP Major

And finally, the pair of brass napoleons in front of the Military Science bldg. at LSU, just across the street from the south end zone of Tiger Stadium. The were presented to the University by none other than Wm. T. Sherman, pre-war superintendent of the school, after the CW. Supposedly they were used against Fort Sumter.
    cannons lsu.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. bdtex

bdtex Brigadier General Moderator

Thanks. That was already on my radar when I left for my trip,but I ran outta time.

4. Eleanor Rose

Eleanor Rose Sergeant Major

Passed through Baton Rouge about 5 years ago. Enjoyed visiting the state capitol and grounds, but didn't see much else. Thanks to your post I want to go back. Maybe we'll get there when we return to New Orleans this spring. Fingers crossed. Love your pics!!

bdtex likes this.
  5. bdtex

Thanks. I have driven through Baton Rouge on the interstate on trips to and from Florida many times since I was a kid but had not gone there specifically. It really is nice.

Eleanor Rose likes this.
  6. Blockaderunner

Blockaderunner Sergeant

Nice thread. I know the problems taking pictures of exhibits in glass cases. I must have taken dozens which prove to be useless.

bdtex likes this.
  7. bdtex

Yes. Aggravating to say the least.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)