Lost Confederate Gold

Found this article from 2005...can't find any follow-up...hummm...

'Man says he's found treasure, will let it sit hidden in desert'
  • By TRAVIS REED
  • Jun 17, 2005
Taylor told the television stations he found 280 gold bricks with "U.S. Cavalry" stamped on each; two Civil War-era rifles; a six-shooter; and dynamite.

Full article can be found here - https://azdailysun.com/man-says-he-...cle_03a3bc7b-b065-5503-8e09-acbcff864af7.html

Cheers,
USS ALASKA

Knights' Gold: The amazing but true story of how two Baltimore boys in 1934 unearthed 5,000 gold coins hidden by a secret Confederate organization known as the Knights of the Golden Circle by Jack Myers
USS ALASKA

Just in time for FDR's confiscation!

For Pat H. not sure its CW, but have seen references to whats called the "Kaffer Treasure" supposedly gold coins buried near Armstrong north of you. Have you heard its legend?

Unfortunately most I've seen is vague reference, no detailed story or legend behind it, but assume since it has a name, theres a story:D

Last edited:
For Pat H. not sure its CW, but have seen references to whats called the "Kaffer Treasure" supposedly gold coins buried near Armstrong north of you. Have you heard its legend?

Unfortunately most I've seen is vague reference, no detailed story or legend behind it, but assume since it has a name, theres a story:D
I have NEVER heard of this, but maybe @Booner and would do some prospecting if we had map coordinates. You see out problem: Howard County is a VERY large county.

Back