Lookout mountain

redfish

Cadet
looking to do a 4 day trip to chattanooga. anyone have any suggestions as to how we should spend our time?

PRobably say go to Chickamauga cause there is little left to reference in Chattanooga or Nashville that has not been ground up, plowed under or planted with rows upon rows of little white houses and great big buildings.

Franklin TN is not far off. And it is still a pretty nice trip.

Mike, I am going to reply to you via Email, since I don't think the members here would appreciate a travelogue.
happy.gif
Chattanooga and Chickamauga are my special field of study, and I can spend 4 days EASY in the area. I lead a three day tour of Civil War sites there this year - one day at Chickamauga from sunrise to sunset, one day for Lookout Mountain and Missionary Ridge, and one day for downtown Chattanooga (Preparing for slaps from board members) The only thing I'll ask on the board is when you are going.

Heading out right now to get my Chattanooga brochures -

Zou

Zou
Can you send me the info also?
The 17th Mississippi was involved in these battles and I have always wanted to see some of the places they were in.
[email protected]
Thanks, and my best,
Oldreb

OK, I will have to be diligent about digging out my Chattanooga material.

For the Chickamauga and Missionary Ridge tours, I used Steven Woodworth's "Chickamauga: A Battlefield Guide." It includes not only a day-long tour of the Chickamauga battlefield, 20 stops with at least one map for each stop, but a Lookout Mountain/Missionary Ridge tour.

The walking tour of downtown Chattanooga was my own creation and that'll come by Email to those interested.

Zou (who lives in Idaho, go figure why I love Chattanooga so much!!)

Back