Lookout Mountain, Chattanooga, TN

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

jackt62

2nd Lieutenant
It seems like posing on precipices has been a popular pastime as that picture of Lookout Mountain shows. When I was at Grand Canyon a few years ago, there are folks who similarly pose as close to the edge as possible.

James N.

Major
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
On a trip to Chattanooga, TN in 2011 we took the Incline Railway up Lookout Mountain!
Nice photos, Sara; since they're not recent ones, please look for my usual weekly feature Throwback Thursday where I usually post one of my "oldies" and invite others to share theirs too. Welcome to the forums!

Thanks for posting these great photos!
Here are three members of the Fifteenth Pennsylvania Volunteer Cavalry enjoying the view.
View attachment 191759
Left to right:
Lieutenant Charles S. Hinchman, Captain William F. Colton, his brother Private Mathias B. Colton.
Sorry I didn't post this earlier so you and your companions could duplicate the pose....
A great photo,! Although, I don't expect to ever pose like that!

It seems like posing on precipices has been a popular pastime as that picture of Lookout Mountain shows. When I was at Grand Canyon a few years ago, there are folks who similarly pose as close to the edge as possible.
We have been to the Grand Canyon several times and have ridden the mules down to Phantom ranch. A great ride and a great time, but some of the tourists get really crazy and dangerous with their selfies! Perhaps they should read the book "Over The Edge, Life and Death In Grand Canyon" before they pose again!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)