Looking for two female home guards named in this lecture.

Kentucky Derby Cavalier.

First Sergeant
Found this lecture on YT, it's very interesting. At the 1:10:28 mark the Lecturer talks about a home guard in the Shenedoah valley, and another in Choctaw county Mississippi.

Does anyone have any info on said home guards? Please chime in if so.

Found this lecture on YT, it's very interesting. At the 1:10:28 mark the Lecturer talks about a home guard in the Shenedoah valley, and another in Choctaw county Mississippi.

Does anyone have any info on said home guards? Please chime in if so.

Found something on the Mississippi guard.

Found something on the Mississippi guard.

I'm aware of Malinda Blalock of western NC disguising herself and going off to war with her husband. Sisters, Mary and Molly Bell of Pulaski County in s.w.Virginia. There was also a woman soldier in Giltner's Kentucky Cavalry (Confederate) that achieved the rank of Sergeant. She was reportedly captured after the Battle of Kingsport (my hometown) in east Tennessee. Some sources say, at Bristol.

I'm aware of Malinda Blalock of western NC disguising herself and going off to war with her husband. Sisters, Mary and Molly Bell of Pulaski County in s.w.Virginia. There was also a woman soldier in Giltner's Kentucky Cavalry (Confederate) that achieved the rank of Sergeant. She was reportedly captured after the Battle of Kingsport (my hometown) in east Tennessee. Some sources say, at Bristol.
Very interesting my friend.

Very interesting my friend.

1st Sergeant Mary Ann Wright Company F 4th Ky Cavalry resident of Max Meadows in S.W. Virginia

mary wright 4th ky.jpg

mary wright pow.jpg

Back