Looking for physical descriptions of Confederate General John H. Kelly

Luke Freet

Corporal
As I have said many times before, I am working on an Alt History story involving Cleburne's proposal to arm slaves. One of the figures I feature prominently in the narrative is the young John Kelly (technically the youngest general of the CSA).
I was introducing him into the story, and am trying to paint a picture of what he looked like at the time. The problem is, I have not been able to find a description of the man's physique and features. The only thing I have to go on is the one picture of him, which is problematic in that it is a headshot, and does not show his full body.
1551893355999.png

IIRC, this photo was taken either in 1862 or 63.
Does anyone know of any descriptions of this man? Height/Weight (or general description of size)? Eye or hair color? Was he still clean-shaven in late 64 or did he keep his boyish looks throughout? Etc.
Also, is there any literature on this man? I know he's a more obscure commander compared to his superiors (Cleburne and Wheeler). Still, I'd be quite interested in reading up on this man. Plus, I am planning on posting a short bio summary on his birthday, March 31st, which also happens to be mine as well.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!