Edged Wpns Looking for info on a repair and restoration person

Anyone aware of a repair person for a bayonet saber sheath that leather is shot . Thanks in advance
Could you post some photos so we can see just what you are dealing with?

Could you post some photos so we can see just what you are dealing with?
I think the brass tip should not be a difficult repair, but the leather would need to be totally replaced. It appears the idiot he got it from tried to force it even though the leather had dried and shrunk.

Damaged M1841 Sheath  #2.jpg

Damaged M1841 Sheath  #3.jpg

Contacted, but Dale is deceased.
I think both Dale and his wife Carolyn (the C&D of C&D Jarnagin) are gone, but the last I heard their son continues to run the business.

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that about Dale. He was a knowledgeable source on period leather treatments. As for Paul Johnson, all I know is that he is not the guy who wrote the book on CW cartridge boxes. If there is a museum close by to you that has a conservation lab dealing with fabric, baskets, leather, and other perishable items, they may be able to provide a lead.

Look up BISON SADDLERY. FANTASTIC WORK! He made a French Napoleonic knapsack for my Mexican soldado impression. He replaced the leather on the scabbard for my sabre-briquet and made a sergeant's sword knot. I sent him info and dimensions from Michael Petard' books and the 1812 Bardin Regulations.
Happy Camper 😁

Back