ENDED Looking for CW shoes.

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a pair of Fugawees as well and they've lasted me three seasons of hard abuse so far... no real issues. there are other vendors out there as well, such as Missouri Boot & Shoe

Orchard Hill Sutlery has a good quality brogan:

http://www.orchardhillsutlery.com/

Jarnigin's has some good leather gear, I've never seen their brogans but I use their other leathers:

http://www.jarnaginco.com/

Also I can't remember which one but I'm sure one of the stores in Gettysburg carries Robert Land's brogans which are about the best out there (in my opinion).

Most online Sutler's will carry one type or another, depends on how authentic you want and what you can afford. Once you get a pair then you have the joy of breaking them in, but that is a whole different discussion!

Shoes.

As shane said Missuri Boot and Shoe,
also
Tom mattimore www.civilwarboots.com
Lukas Berg.... ! www.elkcreeksaddlers.com !
Robert Land.... um runs through the Confederate Yankee sutler and others.

Hope this helps! I both own a pair of federal issue shoes from Mr. Land and i also a pair of civilian boots from Mr. Mattimore, ANd i havent had any problems with each maker!! and i have to say that Lukas Berg Is one of the Finest shoe maker in the market!!! Hes probly the best when it comes to the 19th century shoe.!!!

Civil war shoes

Though they are a bit expensive, I highly recommend the shoes frpm Jersey Skillet Licker. I have all sorts of foot maladies and found these shoes comfortable right from the start; virtually no break-in period.

I got mine from Fugawee as well..

Only place I could find shoes in my size.. Size 4

During the 140 Franklin event I think ot was thursday before the event really got started i got tangled up in a fence wire that ripped my heel off... took a nice spill .. not really noticing it was gone till after it got dark..

Next morning i went to the spot were i got triped up and Lo and behold gound it but had no time to get it put back on ,, So I foiught three battles mnarched about 3 or 4 miles in all with one heel missing ...

Somthing i'm sure a souldier of the time might have experianced... After the event I got it put back on.

Steven, I guess you didn't check in the store for 13s? Maybe I could re-enact as a horse or horses ***? Guess, I'll have to "eat" this post. I looked at Fugawee's website which is most interesting, and saw a reference to a civil war era record of a size 17? That guy would have been a good target from a considerable distance.

I just had to check in here and see the outcome of the plaintive post "looking for shoes". Mercy, I can't sleep at night thinking one of our dear heroes is out there shoeless!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back