Looking for CS accounts FT Pillow and the Fleets on the Mississippi. April 62-July 62

MOBDEnut

Corporal
Hello,

I am researching units that were at FT Pillow and help man Cotton clad fleet boats along with the Gun Boat Arkansas. Mainly McDonald's, Parsons, Harris CO MO Artillery Battery along with Hedgpeth's Infantry CO later 1st Missouri Infantry (Volunteers) Battalion and all later became 1st Confederate Infantry Regiment for a very brief time. Now looking through CIR of the units mentioned very few go into any detail on clothing requisitions or Ordnance. So this leads me to this post. Most likely due to their brief time as each unit.

I am in search of any accounts, records, primary source materiel dealing with clothing or appearance of the forces at Pillow May-July 62 along with those of the cotton clad fleet.

I do not need anything regarding FT Pillow past July 62. All though I appreciate opinion, I am looking for fact vs what is thought to be, so diaries, letters, new articles, returns, requisitions etc. I have a fold3 account so if you have a name to search that could contain info I will be happy to look myself. If there are good books with good footnotes with the primary source I would be interested in that as well.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Hello,

I am researching units that were at FT Pillow and help man Cotton clad fleet boats along with the Gun Boat Arkansas. Mainly McDonald's, Parsons, Harris CO MO Artillery Battery along with Hedgpth's Infantry CO later Battalion and all later became 1st Confederate Infantry Regiment for a very brief time. Now looking through CIR of the units mentioned very few go into any detail on clothing requisitions or Ordnance. So this leads me to this post. Most likely due to their brief time as each unit.

I am in search of any accounts, records, primary source materiel dealing with clothing or appearance of the forces at Pillow May-July 62 along with those of the cotton clad fleet.

I do not need anything regarding FT Pillow past July 62. All though I appreciate opinion, I am looking for fact vs what is thought to be, so diaries, letters, new articles, returns, requisitions etc. I have a fold3 account so if you have a name to search that could contain info I will be happy to look myself. If there are good books with good footnotes with the primary source I would be interested in that as well.

Thank you in advance!
Havent ever seen a lot about it other then the massacre except when I visited the park. Might try contacting Fort Pillow or Wilsons Creek library, they got bout as much on MO confederates as anyone

Reactions: WJC
Thanks yes I have an email in with Wilson Creek. If I find additional info I will post it here or create a unit thread.

Hello,

I am researching units that were at FT Pillow and help man Cotton clad fleet boats along with the Gun Boat Arkansas. Mainly McDonald's, Parsons, Harris CO MO Artillery Battery along with Hedgpeth's Infantry CO later 1st Missouri Infantry (Volunteers) Battalion and all later became 1st Confederate Infantry Regiment for a very brief time. Now looking through CIR of the units mentioned very few go into any detail on clothing requisitions or Ordnance. So this leads me to this post. Most likely due to their brief time as each unit.

Thank you in advance!
I invite you to browse the Fort Pillow sub forum within the Nathan Bedford Forrest forum:

https://civilwartalk.com/forums/ft-pillow.177/

@DixieRifles has spent a lot of time researching Fort Pillow, and has found some very interesting info.

Back