Uniforms Looking for a uniform for my man cave

Tx635

Cadet
So I'm looking to buy a confederate major or sergeant major uniform. I'm not too worried about it being 100% correct. But I would like it to be a decent representation of a confederate uniform.
I'd like it set up as an infantryman but other than that I'm not super well versed on confederate uniforms, I just like how they look to be honest.

Reproduction? It greatly depends on budget. For a jacket and a pair of trousers you could spend a couple hundred on bargain stuff that's not really correct or 6 or 7 hundred on 100 percent hand sewn stuff. If you don't want to break the bank take a look at C and C sutler. I little step up from that would be Regimental Quartermaster or Blockade Runner. If you want something really right look at Wambaugh and White or Beauregard's Tailor. There are several other vendors to shop around at but those will give you an idea. Also if you want to do a Confederate infantryman there's a difference between Eastern Theater, Western Theater, and deep south stuff and what period of the war so there's lots of choices.

Reproduction? It greatly depends on budget. For a jacket and a pair of trousers you could spend a couple hundred on bargain stuff that's not really correct or 6 or 7 hundred on 100 percent hand sewn stuff. If you don't want to break the bank take a look at C and C sutler. I little step up from that would be Regimental Quartermaster or Blockade Runner. If you want something really right look at Wambaugh and White or Beauregard's Tailor. There are several other vendors to shop around at but those will give you an idea. Also if you want to do a Confederate infantryman there's a difference between Eastern Theater, Western Theater, and deep south stuff and what period of the war so there's lots of choices.
I've actually been looking at c c suttlery. The their enlisted frock looks nice to me. I don't have much knowledge on the confederates for the most part so I'm not sure what I'd like. Maybe an early war one with a sky blue infantry kepi, beyond that I'm at a loss.

Maybe an early war one with a sky blue infantry kepi,

One of the early colors was a Cadet Gray. I believe that is the name; maybe Cadet Blue. I wore this one day of the CWT Vicksburg Tour.
Kepi --Cadet Grey.JPG

I also have a Jean cloth kepi. It matched one I saw at a museum---I think it was at Perryville.

Kepi --Jean.JPG

{Edited}
Get a copy of book Echoes of Glory which is a collection of photos from museums and collections of guns, caps, uniforms etc. There are now several volumes for Confederate and Union.

This is an interesting post. I assume an officer's uniform would cost you more than an enlisted uniform.

One of the early colors was a Cadet Gray. I believe that is the name; maybe Cadet Blue. I wore this one day of the CWT Vicksburg Tour.
View attachment 405492

I also have a Jean cloth kepi. It matched one I saw at a museum---I think it was at Perryville.

View attachment 405494

{Edited}
Get a copy of book Echoes of Glory which is a collection of photos from museums and collections of guns, caps, uniforms etc. There are now several volumes for Confederate and Union.
Very nice pictures. They call it sky blue on c c suttlery, I'll definitely look into that book
This is an interesting post. I assume an officer's uniform would cost you more than an enlisted uniform.
It is a little bit more. Depending on which versions of each you are looking for.

Here is the one they offer for early confederate kepis. They also have yellow and red because the original orders described kepis be branch color although it was dropped in favor of standardized colors. This kepi matches their sky blue color they use for branch color
Their are even pictures of drawn confederates with blue, yellow, and red kepis on a website a person on Reddit suggested as a great resource for info on uniforms.

CS_KepiEarlyWarInfantry_SM.jpg

confederates with blue, yellow, and red kepis
I had a Red(Artillery) kepi that I sold and I still have my Yellow(Cavalry) kepi. The Officer's kepi had the top in the branch color and the band in dark blue, whereas the enlisted had blue or gray on top and only the band in the branch color.
The Red kepi could also pass for a French kepi.

Back