Looking for a Photograph of Major John S. Detweiler, 9th Pennsylvania Cavalry

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Championhilz

First Sergeant
I am hoping someone here on the forum might be able to help me - I am looking for a photograph of John S. Detweiler of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, who served as Captain Company E, and later Major, of the 9th Pennsylvania Cavalry. Any help will be most appreciated!

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Have you tried Ancestry? Sometimes the personal family trees will have photographs- or if there's someone in your somewhat distant family, like decendents of his brother or sister, it's possible one of them will own all the old family photos.

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Have you checked Find A Grave? There might be one or the person who posted Memorial might be a relative and know of one. Also have you tried on the Ancestry Message Boards? I go there all the time with questions on ancestors . I have had many contact me who are related to same folks I am related to. Some have had photos and we have exchanged them and much information.

These sites are always worth checking and asking for information. There are many kind people out there who want to help and exchange information. Just a thought.