Looking For A 1850 Foot Officers Sword

1903sprfld

Private
I am looking for an 1850 foot officers sword to display on my wall. Can anyone recommend reputable dealers or auction sites.

Shows are likely the best option to get the lowest price. Since there are very few around where I live, i have made some of my purchases from Shiloh Relics, Arizona Swords, and the Horse Soldier. Gunderson has a couple examples without scabbards at the moment. Examples with scabbards will raise the price.

Plenty of Dealers out there and Auctions too. Just do a search but avoid E-Bay. Do you want one with a scabbard or not? If you want a scabbard I'd avoid the leather ones since the metal ones last longer and require less maintenance. But that's just me.

The Franklin show is coming up 1st week in December. It is a very big show and will have what you are looking for. If you would like I can do for you what I did for captaindrew and see what I can find for you.

If using for re-enactments keep "her" ( Sword ) warm and dry and oiled . You may want to consider a sword of less than pristine or rare for it can get beat up out in the field . JMHO Trust the experts here of which I am not. I know enough to be dangerous. lol

The Franklin show is coming up 1st week in December. It is a very big show and will have what you are looking for. If you would like I can do for you what I did for captaindrew and see what I can find for you.
Can’t go wrong with that offer!

I live in Nebraska so there are no shows within a days drive from here. More interest in WW11 in this area. I sent ucvrelics a private message taking him up on his offer
maybe I should too. I'm in the market or got my eyes open for one they labeled the Petersen-75, with or with out the scabbard.

I love the Peterson 75's. Very solid and substantial. The 1850 foot officer swords are beautiful too as are the staff and field officers' swords. Good luck finding a nice one using your personal shopper.

maybe I should too. I'm in the market or got my eyes open for one they labeled the Petersen-75, with or with out the scabbard
The "Peterson 75's" are interesting swords to collect in and of themselves. They are also often reasonably priced. I have 4, each with a different variation of the cut out iron hilt. The blades on the swords could range from rather common etching patterns to very unique, including gold washed blades, etc. I would like to add one with the brass cut out hilt to my collection at some point. I did see that Shiloh Relics did have 3 of the iron cut out variety for sale, price was not bad on a couple and they all had scabbards.

Yeah I display with and without scabbards crossed on the wall. Seems I always end up 2nd place in the auctions (story of my life) or the on-line Dealer just sold it. I'll avoid the pricey fancy gold ones and go for the lower rank Officers blade. Better chance it was in the action up front and not in the rear with the gear or just used for parades.
:smile coffee:

I am looking for an 1850 foot officers sword to display on my wall. Can anyone recommend reputable dealers or auction sites.
I’m looking for an M1850 Staff and Field Officer’s Sword. The US has been altered with the right side of the U cut or filed to resemble a C. There is a VERY generous reward or finders fee for this family heirloom. It was my Great Grandfather’s sword. He was wounded at Vicksburg. The sword was stolen from my home in 1978. I’m offering three times it’s value on the antique market. Please feel free to text or call me at 1(314)503-2759. Leave a message so I don’t block the number.

Keep a eye on E-Bay and Craigs List . What city and state was it stolen from ? It may not have traveled far . Best of luck.

Keep a eye on E-Bay and Craigs List . What city and state was it stolen from ? It may not have traveled far . Best of luck.
Thanks. It was stolen from my home in St. Louis, Missouri. I noticed it was missing after a teenage party where strangers showed up and ransacked the house. Lesson learned…

Thanks. It was stolen from my home in St. Louis, Missouri. I noticed it was missing after a teenage party where strangers showed up and ransacked the house. Lesson learned…
I would recommend you start a new thread in the collecting forum here and perhaps it can even be pinned by one of the moderators. Good luck. I hope someday it makes it’s way back into your family where it belongs forever.

Back