* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
4844d0951de43edf581def3428ce15a0.jpg

Longstreet’s Breakthrough

Saturday, January 6, 2:00 to 4:00 pm
Chickamauga National Military Park, 3370 LaFayette Road, Fort Oglethorpe GA.

A special two-hour driving and hiking tour (approximately ½ mile walking distance) will explore the Chickamauga battlefield. Visitors will explore a part of the battlefield not often seen. This tour will focus on one of the most famous parts of the battle, Longstreet’s Breakthrough, taking advantage of the lack of foliage to examine the field that played an important role in the events in and around the Brotherton farmstead. Chickamauga Battlefield is located on the historic driving route of the Chickamauga/Atlanta Campaign Heritage Trail (http://www.civilwarheritagetrails.org/ga-civil-war-trails-map/ga-atlanta-campaign.html).

FREE admission; meet inside the Chickamauga Battlefield Visitor Center. 706-866-9241, www.nps.gov/chch

A special two-hour driving and hiking tour (approximately ½ mile walking distance) will explore the Chickamauga battlefield. Visitors will explore a part of the battlefield not often seen. This tour will focus on one of the most famous parts of the battle, Longstreet’s Breakthrough, taking advantage of the lack of foliage to examine the field that played an important role in the events in and around the Brotherton farmstead. Chickamauga Battlefield is located on the historic driving route of the Chickamauga/Atlanta Campaign Heritage Trail (http://www.civilwarheritagetrails.org/ga-civil-war-trails-map/ga-atlanta-campaign.html).

FREE admission; meet inside the Chickamauga Battlefield Visitor Center. 706-866-9241, www.nps.gov/chch
Awesome and thanks for that link. Bookmarked it.

I would love to take any tour of the Battlefield with Lee White or James Ogden. I have only been there one time a few years ago. I did't meet Mr. White but I did meet Mr. Ogden who took me into the back room and let me look through the parks extensive unit files. The amount that man knows off the top of his head is just amazing...he literally knows every inch of that park. It will be a great tour for sure. I wish I could go.

Sounds like it'll be a great tour. Wish I could make it!

I would love to join you. Ill have to check and see if I'm allowed back in the park:D
I don't think they'll recognize you. You're a lot older now. Just wear sunglasses and a hat, to be on the safe side :D

....And leave the T2 at home. :thumbsup::tongue:

Back