Loaner Uniforms And COVID

drezac

First Sergeant
Forum Host
I am now the Quartermaster for 1st Ohio Battery A. We do have a small stock of loaner uniforms for new recruits. With now needing to deal with COVID, I am trying to come up with a procedure to handle loaner uniforms. I would appreciate comments and suggestions on this. Here are my initial thoughts:

As Quartermaster, I will sanitize all uniforms with a disinfecting spray.

When Issued, the individual will be informed that the uniform has been disinfected to the best of our ability, however as a condition of using the loaner equipment, they accept any risk known or unknown.

When returned, the uniform will be placed in a plastic bag and taken out of service until it can be sanitized agan.

I don't want to get into the legal/liability aspects ( we have a layer in our battery who can handle that). My primary goal is to come up with a reasonable procedure to be able to provide the uniforms for short term use.

You might want to be careful which disinfectant you use, as anything with bleach and some other chemicals will eat the wool in the uniforms.

Worst comes to worst you can always lay them out in the sun for an hour, front and back, then take them to the drycleaners. (Sunlight kills COVID with enough time.)

maybe just hanging in a plastic bag in a warm area and quarantining it for 2 weeks? That is how items that are delivered from the cub scouts are handled. I'm not how you would sanitize the uniforms, heck I hardly even get Mike's skirmish pants dry cleaned I'm afraid it will trash them.

Back