Listen up, ladies

Fair and just would be according to them, you see. Fair and just to me would be just leave me alone and go away! Grant believed he was doing the right thing sending in the missionaries to convert and civilize. Thank you, no...I'm already civilized and have a religion. The absurdity of everything is best shown by the Indian Wars - we've made a territory out of your land and now our law says you have to get out. Like Chief Joseph said, it was like somebody wanting to buy your horse but you say I'm not selling him so the guy goes to somebody else and buys your horse from that somebody and then comes back and tells you to give him your horse since he bought it from that other guy and now owns it.
Might makes Right is fair and just again.

Unfortunately, this fair and righteous way of ruling and teaching is a tad mortal. But when Sheridan became the Secretary of War, it sort of fit into his perspective scheme of things. I see no reason to repeat his quote, and would rather say, The only good phrase worth repeating will be everlasting.
Lubliner.

Back