Liljenquist Family Collection of Civil War Photographs

TerryB

Lt. Colonel
Something I just noticed about this collection. Every soldier so far who has a sign (like "Jeff Davis and the South), the sign can be read. So not all period photos on metal were mirror images. Some indeed have been reversed to look normal. Okay, it's possible that the signs were printed in reverse.

Something I just noticed about this collection. Every soldier so far who has a sign (like "Jeff Davis and the South), the sign can be read. So not all period photos on metal were mirror images. Some indeed have been reversed to look normal. Okay, it's possible that the signs were printed in reverse.

Best gift ever to this country. They continually add to it, too! The soldier/beagle photo is one of my favorites-

dog soldier loc.jpg

Love this pic.

Isn't it awesome? I see you just joined and welcome! BOY do we have a ton of great dog threads, if you're smitten with fuzzy chins. Dogs in camp, dogs who own regiments, heck, raccoons and a chicken or two making war less awful. The Four Footed Friends Forum is a terrific retreat, more like hairy rehab when you could use a good story.

A great picture .Did they use shotguns ? I suppose they would use any weapon that used a projectile .

A great picture .Did they use shotguns ? I suppose they would use any weapon that used a projectile .
Confederates used them. They were better cavalry weapons, not really suitable for infantry. Until the CS was able to arm its infantry with the standard rifles of the time, many went into battle with shotguns.

Thank you for replying .Living in England the American Civil war is not realy a subject we did in history a lot its just been a hobby of mine and in my latter years being able to see some of the battlefields. All periods are of an interest especially weapons and uniforms

Back