Like my username says

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Welcome to the forums from the host of the Stonewall Jackson Forum! (Despite my current avatar photo I'm also a Good Ol' Rebel.)

Patrick H

Lt. Colonel
Welcome from Missouri, where my ancestor chose to join the Yankee cavalry, but where everyone I know (including me) honors the soldiers of both sides of the conflict. (...except jayhawkers. I just can't honor jayhawkers! Nor redlegs, either!)
All that said, welcome again from Missouri!

Hello,

Trying to be a gentleman in your Yankee forum. My name is Joe. Granny nicknamed me Jody (It stuck). We never, NEVER, discussed our Rebel past. It was unknown to us, even though we are from Souf Alabama. I did the DNA/Genealogy thing a while back (because my son wanted answers[That are not to be found in DNA]).

Caveat: My family has men who have served/died/survived in every war/peace action in the 20th/21st Century. Bet me.

I knew nothing of our past prior to the end of the 19th Century.

I have now found that the silence was there for a reason. 4th, 15th, 29th, 33rd, 38th, 42nd, 47th, 61st Alabama; 5th Texas; 7th, 20th, and 41st Georgia. Silence. What does a family say about this era? They say nothing about it, and strive to survive the future.

I'll probably be silent from this point on; just letting y'all know I'm here and have enjoyed a lot of the information available here.

Joe

ETA 51st NC Infantry
Hello Joe.

Welcome to the forums !

USS ALASKA

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Welcome from the Railroads & Steam Locomotives forum!

Cheers and Enjoy!
USS ALASKA

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Welcome to the forum. As host of Food Forum, if you have any old southern recipes from the era, please post. Also stories about Four Footed Friends of the era are always appreciated on that forum. I co host that forum with John Hartwell .