Like my username says

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!
Hello,

Trying to be a gentleman in your Yankee forum. My name is Joe. Granny nicknamed me Jody (It stuck). We never, NEVER, discussed our Rebel past. It was unknown to us, even though we are from Souf Alabama. I did the DNA/Genealogy thing a while back (because my son wanted answers[That are not to be found in DNA]).

Caveat: My family has men who have served/died/survived in every war/peace action in the 20th/21st Century. Bet me.

I knew nothing of our past prior to the end of the 19th Century.

I have now found that the silence was there for a reason. 4th, 15th, 29th, 33rd, 38th, 42nd, 47th, 61st Alabama; 5th Texas; 7th, 20th, and 41st Georgia. Silence. What does a family say about this era? They say nothing about it, and strive to survive the future.

I'll probably be silent from this point on; just letting y'all know I'm here and have enjoyed a lot of the information available here.

Joe

ETA 51st NC Infantry

Last edited:

ucvrelics

Major
Forum Host
Last edited:

Ole Miss

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Welcome from the Shiloh/Pittsburg Landing Forum and North Mississippi! I have never been called a Yankee before and this is a Civil War Forum for all parties and we all enjoy the interaction and information exchange. So jump on in as the water is fine!
Regards
David

Robtweb1

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
Retired Moderator
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Hello,

Trying to be a gentleman in your Yankee forum. My name is Joe. Granny nicknamed me Jody (It stuck). We never, NEVER, discussed our Rebel past. It was unknown to us, even though we are from Souf Alabama. I did the DNA/Genealogy thing a while back (because my son wanted answers[That are not to be found in DNA]).

Caveat: My family has men who have served/died/survived in every war/peace action in the 20th/21st Century. Bet me.

I have now found that the silence was there for a reason. 4th, 15th, 29th, 33rd, 38th, 42nd, 47th, 61st Alabama; 5th Texas; 7th, 20th, and 41st Georgia. Silence. What does a family say about this era? They say nothing about it, and strive to survive the future.

I'll probably be silent from this point on; just letting y'all know I'm here and have enjoyed a lot of the information available here.

Joe
Welcome from West Tennessee

DixieRifles

Captain
Welcome.
Sounds like you are a "genie" much like one of my 3rd cousins. He wrote a historical novel and included an appendix with all his Texas Rebels. I'm picking through the Ancestry leaves to find other branches and so far all have been Verginjuns or other Southerners. The only Blue Bellies that I research are those who crossed paths with my Rebs.

Hello,

Joe
Welcome !

Welcome.
Sounds like you are a "genie" much like one of my 3rd cousins. He wrote a historical novel and included an appendix with all his Texas Rebels. I'm picking through the Ancestry leaves to find other branches and so far all have been Verginjuns or other Southerners. The only Blue Bellies that I research are those who crossed paths with my Rebs.

My wife is the genie. She's managed to direct us to my ancestors prior/stone living for the last 30 years. Really strange.

I also left out: 51st NC in my original post.

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
Hello,

Joe

ETA 51st NC Infantry
No I think I understand, there were probably a lot of casualties in your family they wanted to forget about. Well all you have to do is ignore the posts that are just made to inflame controversy (Yeah imagine me giving this advice not to blow your top) Well.. anyway I try to ignore them, and just concentrate on the "history" it is pretty neat. A lot of great Southerners on here. We want your participation.

Vicksburger

First Sergeant
Hello,

Joe

ETA 51st NC Infantry
By the way the 42nd Alabama was a tough outfit, if you are descended from them you are a fighter.

luinrina

Sergeant Major
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Greetings from Germany and welcome aboard from The Traveler's Companion and Other Notable Biographies forum, Joe! :smile: I've never before been called a Yank, I'll take that as a compliment. :D

mkyzzzrdet

Private
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have quite a family history! Don't worry - most of the Yankees on this forum are actually pretty decent folks. They still insist the "late unpleasantness" was about slavery - so we have to humor them a bit.