Lewis Applegate Civil War Soldier NJ?

Greendoor

Private
Researching my family and discovered I had a GG Uncle Lewis Applegate who was born Dec. 14, 1843 in Dover Township, NJ
He would have been 18 in 1861. I have a 1850 NJ census that shows he is living in Dover Township, NJ with his family. Anyone on the forum have info if he was in the Civil War? Thanks.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

lelliott19

Captain
Forum Host
Silver Patron
No Lewis or Louis Applegate listed as serving in a New Jersey regiment, but since some men from New Jersey wound up in New York regiments, I thought this one might be of interest in your search. No idea if this might be your Lewis Applegate, but if yours was later a physician, I'd give this one a hard look.
1557716174380.png

Last edited:

Greendoor

Private
No idea if this might be your Lewis Applegate, but since some men from New Jersey wound up in New York regiments, I thought it might be of interest in your search. If your Lewis Applegate was later a physician, I'd give this one a hard look.
View attachment 307112
I did a quick search of the info provided and this gentlemen was born on May.29, 1840 in Herkimer County, NY. My GG Uncle Lewis Applegate was born in Ocean County, NJ on Dec. 14,1843
My GG Uncle Lewis Applegate died Apr.30, 1925 at age 81. His wife name was Annie Applegate. She died in 1935.They are both buried at Riverside Cemetery, Toms River NJ.

Zella

2nd Lieutenant
Forum Host
I'm only finding pension records filed from Midwestern states for Lewis Applegates who were Civil War veterans, so unless he moved away from NJ before returning before his death, it seems probable he was not in the war.

Greendoor

Private
I'm only finding pension records filed from Midwestern states for Lewis Applegates who were Civil War veterans, so unless he moved away from NJ before returning before his death, it seems probable he was not in the war.
Any NJ census records shows him living with his wife Annie Applegate 1865,1870,1880,1885,1890
or obituary for Lewis Applegate died Apr.30,1925 might mention if he was a veteran? Thanks.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!