Let's give Buckshot the welcome he deserves!

ami

Major General
Super Moderator
Bonjour from da bayou state. Im a long time reader, but a new joiner.

Im writing a 60 page paper this year for my senior thesis, and its goin to be on the war and it's cause.

So I'll be using this board alot.

Deo Vindice - Buckshot

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

hoosier

1st Lieutenant
Forum Host
Well, bienvenue once again, Buckshot.

This is, of course, a Civil War forum and the issues of a century and a half ago are still eminently capable of arousing considerable passion today.

Though it was certainly none of your doing, apparently somebody said something on the thread started by your original "Meet and Greet" post that got somebody else's passion fired up, and things started to get a little nasty. This is the first time I've ever seen a thread on the "Meet and Greet" board that had to be closed down for that reason.

If you take a look in the "Special Announcements" forum at the very top of the Dispatch Depot page and look down the list a little way, you'll find the Rules and Etiquette thread. It's probably a good idea for every new member of CWT to take a look at that thread when they first join (and probably a good idea for every old member to take a look at it from time to time, just to refresh our memories).

As long as you follow those rules, you can state your opinions freely and I don't think any of the moderators here will ever give you a problem for doing so.

ewc

Sergeant
Welcome again, Buckshot! This is an excellent place to gather information on your thesis. As no doubt you already know and can see if you're following along, the subject is one that still stirs the blood and one can easily see the passions that remain among us 150 years later! What must it have been like then ?!?

You'll find a large coterie of friends here more than willing to help out the debate on the causes of the War, and also trusting you will add to the discussion on the question and others as well. regards, ed

gary

Captain
Welcome Buckshot! That's a pretty big thesis you're tackling there and some folks are still arguing about it. I'm with Neil here as to the cause who asked, but for slavery, would there have even been a war? I'm not saying that many of the southern whites fought for slavery. No, they fought for hearth & home (and not julep beds) like we would today. However, their politcal leadership and the newspapers convinced them otherwise.

But we can take that up in another thread. Welcome LA Tiger!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!