Handguns Lefaucheux pinfire revolver

Jeff in Ohio

Sergeant
Of course, this questioning of the story that this was excavated from the ground IS a way of trying to figure out the history of this gun. Some "discovery" stories suggest the person telling the story is trying to hide the true history of an item, sort of like when someone selling items cheap from the trunk of a car explains that the items fell off the back of a truck.

Did Jackson own more than one Lefaucheux? One of the posts stated that He owned a 9mm. There was an auction house cataloging one in 12mm. ( serial number #64300) that supposedly belonged to Stonewall Jackson.

Bama Mike

Private
I began searching for facts concerning the pinfire relic belonging to a friend that had passed away in January. The search led me to this forum, which has been a great find. It inspired me to write a poem about it that I have only shared with his widow and a few select friends. This got me to wondering if there are any of you that have been inspired to write poetry as well?

Bama Mike

Private
This is a Belgium made pinfire revolver, not made by Lefaucheux.
The Lefaucheux proofmark on the left side means that the patent royalties had been payed to Lefaucheux .
The 16596 has been made in 1859 by a Belgium gunsmidt .
Show us good pictures of all the proofmarks and others names or marks, perhaps I can tell you more about it

Lefaucheux

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Bama Mike

Private
Here are photos you requested. Would also seek info regarding attaching grips to revolver. I assume it was originally with some form of threaded bolt. Thanks for any help you can provide to me.