Lee Lee and Traveller

That really is an awesome portrait of Lee as it so perfectly captures his total essence as an icon. I find it to be quintessentially antebellum Southern gentleman/cavalier/aristocrat/Confederate general/idol, all in one.
Yes , And cowboy cool, I would have liked to met him, he seem to have a lot of class and honor, a true gentleman and really good taste in horses.

Yes , And cowboy cool, I would have liked to met him, he seem to have a lot of class and honor, a true gentleman and really good taste in horses.

Well, as a Northerner, I'll go along with "good taste in horses," but I don't know about the rest.:wink:

edited to add: And again, as a Northerner, I would have liked to meet him at Gettysburg and ask "What the hell do you think you're doing?!!!"

I think I would have liked to met a lot of them from both sides, there were I lot of different personality's, strengths and weakness in there character , things to admire and things to not, If it would be possible just to meet the men they were before the war, before history wrote of them.how interesting that would be.

I don't know you yet, so I did not know you are an artist. let me say this. OMG you are amazing as well! I like the fact your painting is realistic to what lees horse gear would have been,you are a very talented man , and I hope you will continue to share your wonderful work.
Thank you for the kind words.I try not to too shamelessly promote myself,but sometimes its fun to add to the talent this site is crawling with.

Back